Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eyes are burning but...we have two new investigators!

Good Afternoon Family!
Well It's raining like crazy out there. It's amazing, it wasn't even cloudy yesterday. I'm so glad it is raining though because it is going go wash away the pollen and smog in the air. This past week was really bad for my eyes. They burned the whole time, couldn't wear my contacts at all. But for Sunday and today my eyes have been just fine.
To Mom:
I don't think we have gotten a package yet, however one package did arrive for me, but it was at my old address. That may be it, the other elders have it and are dropping it at the office today so it can be sent down here by district meeting on Friday.
My back is still fragile, and I think I need to give it a at least a couple of weeks more. I actually went to the Chiropractor again today, but the best thing I can do is just do my little back strengthening exercises and let it rest. As far as vitamins and supplements go don't worry about that. The Chiropractor in Canyon Country practically gives them to us if we need them. Its 50% off for missionaries for any supplement. Dr. Webb is the best, I like his methods the best over all the Chiropractors I've seen. He's much more than just a Chiropractor it seems.
Everyone: XD
What an awesome week, we were certainly blessed. We have two new investigators. One is R. (19 yrs old), the other is...well forgot how to spell his name, but they are both pretty legit. R seems pretty humble, he's just interested in his personal salvation, and he really wants to learn what we have to say. The other is sweet. He was an atheist, but found God, and now wants to find the true church basically. He says to us that according to what he has studied in the Bible the 7th Day Adventists seem to be the most correct Christian Church, but he's super open to reading the Book of Mormon, and learning more.
We still have a really hopeful date for J. for the 24th. I'm pretty confident the Lord will open up the way for us to be able to make that a reality for her. She's recently had an increases in trials though, and her health is in a big slump recently. She can still be baptized though.
Our other baptismal date has to be moved for next year, and we are going to have M. pick and set his own goal to be baptized. He's just been really caught up in work or something lately. We've had contact, but haven't been able to teach him or anything.
We have some other investigators that are going to start coming to church soon hopefully. I.B. is still pretty legit, but has been holed up with her new baby girl born about 2 weeks ago. But we want to set a date with her soon. We also want to extend baptismal invitations again to C., and G. as soon as we are able to meet with them again. They are a nice young family that really loves the idea of eternal marriage.
We also have some good part member prospects that are coming along I think.
Well I'm out of time, but love you all, And I can't wait to talk to you all on the 25 :D
- Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment