Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Found Two New Investigators this week...

ew window

ore





Dear Mom, Dad, Family and friends

This week was pretty awesome. Haven't had a week in a while where almost everything seemed to work just as we had planned and more.


I've been hearing really good things about HP 7 all around from members and everyone. Defiantly stoked to see that in 16 or so months. It's also nice to hear that so many are leaving already on their missions! It will be a trip when I start hearing about people getting back XD

Wow Ben, that's awesome that you had a great time at scout camp. I hope that your leaders take you on a 50 mile back packing trip some day. Those are even better haha. Lots of adventure! Let me know how getting that quad or dirt bike goes too, and keep wake boarding it up!

Mom, I did get your package with the cook books. Haha the Mormon cook book is pretty funny. Some good ideas n stuff in there, but seems to be a little dated as well, It has some good ideas though, and I will definitely be trying some new things from that and the two ward books you sent. I'm doing pretty good here, and just trying to keep a positive attitude. I also got the things from Dad which helped me a lot. Maybe I am taking everything a little to seriously, and I need to learn to compromise with my companion and learn to make it fun for him too.

Well we found two new investigators this week. Dave, and Luis. Dave is more solid than Luis it seems, we actually found him knocking on a split with the zone leaders (Elder Ford and I), and Luis is someone we have been trying to meet with for a long time on and off. Dave actually had his daughter in law there when we found him. She is a member of the neighboring ward. It was a good first contact and lesson, he wants us to give him a call this week to set up a for sure return appointment. Finally some promising new blood. We actually set a baptismal date for August 21st with Evan this week--when and if her husband Bob gets his priesthood restored by then--it is defiantly going through. Tried setting dates with the G.'s kids, and Daisy is ready but is not comfortable about being the only one being baptized at this point. Her Brother and sister Noe and Jocelyn need more of a solid testimony.

Couldn't meet with Brian again this week, but he's on page 200 something of the Book of Mormon. Hope we can meet with him this week. Lots of things to come in this area, but I don't think I'll be here to see allot of them. We have some very promising people now. But I think that I will be leaving this place in 5 weeks when next transfer rolls around. I wouldn't mind going back to the valley, but wouldn't really mind going anywhere else either. Even though I'll miss it allot after I go. But it's almost been 6 months in this area at the end of this transfer.

Well last week I had to spend a bit of money on bike repairs again. My comp ran into the back of my derailer (the thing on the back that makes it so you can change gears) Plus another little part finally broke after it hung in there for a while being partly broke after I crashed my first time a couple months ago. But now my bike shifts better than ever with all the new parts. I try to take it easy on it, but stuff just happens. Finally getting my pants patched from crashing in them a month or two ago too. A ward member is doing it for Frizel! The members treat us so good out here, and I thank them for that!

Comp was kind of sick this P-day, So we are e-mailing late and not doing to much. It's all good though. Hope he gets better soon. I'm slacking on working out recently, But I have new drive about life recently too. So things will change. Thanks Dad, and Mom for all your advice and support this week, it really helped. I know now that if I would have just listened to you guys from the beginning that I would have been a whole lot further in my progression in every way. Thanks for being so patient with me over the years, haha.

Love you guys SOOO much!

Elder Spencer Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment