Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Two of our investigators say they want to be baptized!

Dear Family and Friends

Happy 4th of July everybody!

Well this week was Pretty Cool, 'cause two of our investigators say they want to be baptized! Woo yeah, except we don't have official dates for them yet. Evan, and Daisy are really ready to make the step soon.

My brain seems to be very foggy again. I think its from the extreme heat and biking in that heat with shirt and Tie. Got up to about 106 or something. Some were saying 110 on Saturday, It felt like it.

Well last week of the transfer this week. Should be really good, most likely I am staying here. But after this next transfer, I'm probably out of here. I really like Santa Clarita, and the ward here too. Lots of good people.

Well teaching is going well, also I got to go on exchanges this week with one of the zone leaders in my area. It was really cool, We worked the hardest we could, and had a great comp study (something my companions haven't really done too much with me since my trainer), we got the spirit and felt unified, and we just trackted all day contacting all we could. We got some pretty cool potential investigators and had some really cool experiences. Maybe some day I'll get a comp who isn't afraid to go trackting, and get rejected about 50 times before we finally find some one who might be interested in listening to us. Elder Bennett and I also went to Hibiki Grill, which is a legit all you can eat sushi place. The sushi there was really good, and for the special occasion of exchanges and $19 it was worth it. Elder Burbadge, my awesome district leader, and Elder Harkrow were also on exchanges together and they came to eat as well. We probably ate 50 bones worth of sushi a piece. It was well worth it.

Well after almost 8 months on my mission I have run out of ideas of what to buy for my lunches during the week. I have eaten Oatmeal and eggs for breakfast every day for the past ever--even before my mission. And I'm absolutely sick of my plain chicken and rice. It would be nice to get some healthy breakfast and lunch Ideas, and recipes. Especially some awesome vegetarian ideas because I feel that I have way to much meat for dinner every night, and plus for lunch too. Oh and I'm sick of salads too because for the last transfer before this, I ate salad and chicken like every lunch. I'm just sick of my own food ideas, and I am lost on what else to do.

Thank you so much for all you guys do!

Till next week. Elder Spencer Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment