Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

We ran into a huge rattle snake, and threw rocks at a huge beehive

Hello everybody!

I am writing to you now extreamly tired. Elder Burbidge and I woke up at 5:00am and biked all the way from our apartment to Vasquez Rocks. Then we biked and hiked around there for a couple hours while we waited for the rest of the zone to get there. We ran into a huge rattle snake too, and threw rocks at a huge bee hive, and then climbed this huge cylindrical rock formation thing. Then the rest of the zone showed up and we hiked to this overhang cave thing over giant boulders and stuff. It was all good and fun. Way better than last P-day with my poor comp being sick and stuff.

Well this week was pretty slow. My comp was sick for 3 day and then didn't feel up to do anything major after that. Good news though, don't know if I said this a few times ago but Sister Culbertson is getting baptized not on the 21st but on the 14th, and it is for sure because Bob Culbertson is scheduled to get his priesthood restored this week! All our appointments canceled with most of our other solid investigators this week. And we were not able to meet with any other of the new investigators that we picked up last week. My comp isn't doing so well, so pray for him. I really just don't know what to do or how to help him. Maybe something will come up though. Well at least I'll get lots of study in this transfer. I'll be trying new things though, hope something works.

It's all good though. I've already learned a lot, and I've never been more motivated to serve the lord until these two transfers. Not only on my mission but after as well. I've realized my potential for work, and dedication more this and last transfer than ever before. Even though there are all these forces trying to keep me from that. It's alright though. Still got allot of good guys here, and I'll be able to go on exchanges n stuff. I just feel bad too for my comp. He just doesn't get it yet I guess. Says he wants to be motivated to work, but he just shuts down even more when I try to give advice or push him to do anything. I'll just have to be patient and loving the best I can, and just support him in anything that he's willing to do work wise.

Well I haven't been shopping in about 2 weeks, so I am off to do that right now. Just haven't had the chance yet. It's tough when you don't have a car some times. But I wouldn't trade biking for a car any day or time of the year. I love it! Last week I got Dad's package and the CDs n stuff. Thanks a ton for that Dad, It really helped out.

Well till next week

- ELDER RICKERS

No comments:

Post a Comment