Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm not a psycho cleanfreek yet...

Well Happy, P-day again.
...To tell you guys the truth, I'm really sick of P-days. Regular days always seem better. I really miss my old zone, they were the best. There was only 12 people in the zone and almost half of us had been in that zone together for 6 months in the end. It's amazing the awesome people I meet out here, and then they just get transferred. Hope I'll see them again, but many of them were much older on their missions and I might only get to see them once more at a leadership or zone conference before they finish.
Well, I think this was pretty much the toughest week of the mission so far. Well, not really in some ways, but as far as trying to get things done and nothing happening immediately. We did get some good stuff set up for this next coming week though. We are looking at picking up at least 3 new investigators next week. We were finally able to contact and set up appointments with allot of our potentials. Felt kinda bad for Elder Johnson this week too. He was really quite depressed at the beginning of the week, still mourning and in shock a bit, but he's doing quite a bit better now.
Thanks for sending Elder Thompson's weekly email. sounds like they are working hard over there and really putting up a fight with trackting for 6 1/2 hours. That's really awesome, some of my greatest experiences have been from trackting, especially when your mojo is right and we just get to testify and blast people away. But it's sad when they still don't want to give a portion of their time, or maybe their to spiritually dead to even feel anything, I don't know... But yeah, allot of the missionaries I've met over here are kind of afraid to put themselves out there like that. Johnson's a great guy, we still needs to catch the vision together a little more. He's awesome though, we get out there... I'm still afraid to push any of my companions way beyond their limits though. I'm still afraid of them crashing completely. Maybe I just don trust them, or myself like I need too. Actually--all I know is that I'm really hungry right now, and I'm probably feeling all negative just because my blood sugar is low or something.
This week's district meeting I set the weekly goal of getting 8 new investigators district wide. We ended up with 10 new ones. Our companionship actually did get one new investigator this week! Don't quite know how solid he really is, but he's interested in learning more and reading the Book of Mormon. We shall see, he does have some member friends in our ward. His name is Joe, and I think he just graduated from high school, and is trying to get a job at office Depot. Depending on how things go we may hand him off to the single adult missionaries, Elder Bennett, and Elder Ford, my old zone leaders (They're so cool!).
Ohh, food sounds soooo good right now. Oh wow my Birthday is coming up, and WHat? my year mark XD What is the world coming too?? Well this month is the anniversary of when I received my call. I can't believe its already almost been a year. I think missions are too short, hopefully I'll be blessed enough to where I'll be able to serve another one some day. But for now it's going by way to fast. TOO fast. As far as things for Birthday like you mentioned Mother, I would just like a bit of food, and money to maybe buy some socks. Maybe some CD's too of some really soothing and awesome classic guitar and spiritually exciting and uplifting music. There is this really cool artist that is a Hawaiian guy and he sings about missionary work and gospel stuff and plays acoustic guitar. Can't remember what his name is.
Thank you so much for sending the cream and Cincinnati Chili seasoning :D cant wait to make and eat some delicious food.
Well I have 5 min left on the computer, but I hope everything else is well with all the family. Still learning allot and being challenged every day, It's a good thing. Based on what President Martin has said, I have a feeling I may be training in 3 weeks or rather next transfer. So we will look forward to that. If not, then Elder Johnson and I will stay together :)

I'm a slacker when it comes to taking and sending pictures, so I'll try and take more.

Talked to Daisy Galvez on the phone yesterday. She is still going strong! :)
Well, love you all.
Till next P-day
Elder Rickers
PS: A general authority is touring our mission, and will be speaking at zone conference. His name is Elder Golden. He's pretty cool, he spoke in the Valencia Stake conference yesterday. Oh and he will be doing apartment checks of OUR zone specifically too. He will probably check our apartment because it was one of the worst before I got here. I can't stand living in filth any more. EVERYTING MUST BE CLEAN! I'm not a psycho cleanfreek yet though...

No comments:

Post a Comment