Hello Family,
Well this week was really fast, and a super ton of stuff happened. The highlight was definitely meeting with Barry and Grandpa Moe. The scheduling went really well actually. It was good it happened on a day where I had access to a car so we could meet up easier. It seemed like they both liked the first discussion:)
Haha yeah my hair is really short now. On P-day I actually didn't have time to get to someone that knew how to cut hair, so I had to attempt to cut it myself. I tried to just trim the sides and make that part shorter, but I messed up so bad that I just buzzed myself with a #3. It's a little short for a missionary, and they don't want us to really do buzz cuts, but it was that--or having funny looking hair.
Haha yeah my hair is really short now. On P-day I actually didn't have time to get to someone that knew how to cut hair, so I had to attempt to cut it myself. I tried to just trim the sides and make that part shorter, but I messed up so bad that I just buzzed myself with a #3. It's a little short for a missionary, and they don't want us to really do buzz cuts, but it was that--or having funny looking hair.
It was a short, and a long week in some ways it seemed. Allot of stuff fell though, but we did end up getting a new family and totaled 5 new people to teach (hopefully really regularly). We still have to get with the two potential families that we have. We made appointments with them both this week, but they fell through. We only have a few potentials that are somewhat legit. Hope we can finally teach them this week.
I'm really pumped for this week end. It's transfer day and we have General Conference which is going to be fantastic! So we will see if Elder Johnson stays or goes. My guess is that I will stay and train, and that he will be going somewhere in the Valley, or he will go right over the hill to Canyon Country haha. I then predict that I will stay with my greeny for 2 transfers, and then get transferred to either Burbank zone or go back to the Granada Hills zone. So I am guessing I'll have about 3 more months in Valencia.
We are going to do a ton of finding, and allot more praying on where too find people who are searching for more truth. Hopefully we can keep up our pace even if it is the last week of the transfer. I think this has been the fastest transfer EVER. We've had allot of good experiences, and we are finally starting to see some growth in the teaching pool. I think this week we are going to shoot for another 7 investigators. 5/9 wasn't bad for last week's goal, but we need to continue to find.
We just got back from a zone Bar-B-Q at the park. It was pretty fun. We played kickball, Frisbee and I did some flips n stuff.
Okay, you asked about our new investigators. Their names are Sister Kitchen--her son Doug is a member, but he is in a wheel chair and is severely disabled but his mind is all there. She is super nice, and really interested in learning all she can about the church. Then we have The Herbert family with Jim (the Father, a member) and DJ, Kaylee, Emilie, and Johnathan. DJ is the least interested, but the others seem really promising. We are hoping to meet with them tonight. This week we are hoping to invite this guy named Chet Morris to be an investigator, along with Rose, and her daughter, and then there is Karina, Fred, and his wife, and a gal named Shirley.
Okay, you asked about our new investigators. Their names are Sister Kitchen--her son Doug is a member, but he is in a wheel chair and is severely disabled but his mind is all there. She is super nice, and really interested in learning all she can about the church. Then we have The Herbert family with Jim (the Father, a member) and DJ, Kaylee, Emilie, and Johnathan. DJ is the least interested, but the others seem really promising. We are hoping to meet with them tonight. This week we are hoping to invite this guy named Chet Morris to be an investigator, along with Rose, and her daughter, and then there is Karina, Fred, and his wife, and a gal named Shirley.
Well I love you all and I hope you were all safe at the lake this week!
Thank you so much for all your support Mom, and Dad
Love you
-Elder Rickers
PS: I'm going to try and make some Cincinnati Chili this week, and if that turns out good I'll make some for the ward chili cook off.
No comments:
Post a Comment