Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Confirmed Sosaia this Sunday, and got a bit homesick

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was pretty decent I guess. It was the last week of the transfer and the new transfer has now officially begun as of Monday the 24th (one transfer down and 16 more to go, each transfer is 6 weeks). There are quite a few changes with our zone. I am staying with my companion elder Jeffery, and he became District Leader. They also added two more missionaries to the ward, so we are splitting out area in half. We are now not responsible this transfer for some of our old investigators like Mike Price, Karry Bitner, Kevin Compos, and probably a few others. It's too bad we will not be able to teach them through the whole transfer. However this week is when we get to "hand them off" so we will be going with the two other additional elders in our ward to each of the people we taught last transfer, and introduce them so they can resume teaching them instead of us.

We went by allot of people this week, a ton of people. Only problem was they where not there, or they didn't have much time to see us. But special things did happen this week. We had the opportunity to give a couple blessings, and I was able to confirm Sosaia on Sunday, which was a really cool experience. Elder Jeffery got to confirm William.

I haven't been homesick at all until this week, not majorly but just a bit. Probably has to do with the fact that it’s been a kinda hard week. However it cant stop me, and It was bound to happen a little bit some time. I can't wait for February though. On the 16 or 18th I'll be able to work out my upper body again. It’s really boring just being able to do leg and abb combinations with a little jumping and jump rope thrown in. And I haven't done a flip or anything since the Thursday before I went to the MTC. I'll have to practice and get my basic flips down again. There is an elder out here that I know that’s pretty good at break dancing too, so we might do that on P-days some time.

After this transfer I'll probably end up leaving this area. Don't know exactly where I will go. Probably stay here some where in the valley. I'm soooper tired right now just cuz in our apt there are 8 elders, and It’s a party every night it seems. Some times it’s hard to get to bed.

Thanks a ton for the beef jerky Dad! I love all you guys and all the support and letters you send.

Well till next week. Hope it’s packed with action this week. Oh yeah Mike's Baptism probably wont happen until some time next month. We probably will not be able to do it on the 30th. It’s probably pushed back 2-3 weeks. But still pray for any investigator/ recent convert I mentioned. Oh and thanks for sending the debit card as well. That will work much better than the ATM card.

Till next time

Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment