Hi Fam!
Just so ya know the other package sent last week has not yet arrived as of 1:48 pm today. Got into the library a little late so don't have much time.
I am over my sickness, even the cough is almost gone. No more fever or flu stuff.
Ran into my first Anti Mormons here in CA. They are really sad to be honest. Nothing we couldn't handle. They were not violent, even though they were super rude. It only strengthened my conviction out here. Going back to that new investigator today. Connie (not sure how she spells it).
This week we had several promising potentials, and I handed out my First Book of Mormon, funny thing is it was Spanish. Then handed out my second shortly afterward. That was a successful day of knocking. We got a pretty good potential investigator for the Spanish elders in our aria, and 2 others we talked to seemed actually pretty interested. Hope they call us back. Also gave them Book of Mormons.
New investigator by the name of Luice Nunez. He’s supper strong in his testimony of god and Christ, and he seems to have found out for himself allot of what we teach already, which is interesting. He was super exited when we gave them the Book of Mormon. Hope he turns out legit, because he would be an awesome member if he joins. We taught him a little but we will see if he is a returning investigator.
Also have a new investigator. Mari Larson, who was one of our referrals that we could not get a hold of, came to church this Sunday. She has a member friend and she seems interested because she has family in the church I think. She said she agrees with what she’s heard so far, but says she’s already made up her mind on allot of things, like wanting to commit to certain things. Hopefully she hasn't hardened her heart to much.
Other than that, still teaching allot of less actives, and trying to get them out to church. Got a commitment from the Bivins to get to church this week. We will see how that goes.
Things are good with my companion and I. I can't believe its already more than half way through the first transfer. There are only 16 transfers. If I want to get anything done I have to move faster. Doing all I can, but I think I can do better. It’s hard though because there is always something that delays us, or that I forget, or something like that. I just need to stay focused.
Made some new years goals. Don't have them with me now. Made the goal to memorize one scripture per day a while ago, but I don't know, I'm already behind. Maybe 150 Scriptures this year and next year I'll shoot for 200. Have to make my goal attainable! XD
Not being able to do much in the way of working out is kind of getting to me. I just need to go for a couple good runs. My comp doesn't really like to run. So I might be able to go with one of the other elders in my apt on a split for a quick run either at like 9:00 when we are done planning, or early in the morning. I actually tried to do a hand stand. Not supposed to, but not doing it for almost 2+ months now I have lost all my balance :(
Come February I hope I can still do at least a back flip still. Haha probably at least that XD
Thanks for the short little Emails. I love reading them, sorry didn't get around to writing on P-day. Had a mess with huge leaks in our apt, and the carpet guys coming and going, Plus I was cleaning everything for ever because we haven’t cleaned anything in 4 weeks. But I got our room the kitchen and the whole bathroom nice and clean :)
Thanks for everything! And happy 2011!
Elder Spencer Rickers
PS: It is actually cold in California. I've been just wearing my suit coat under my light rain coat, and usually that’s enough. But I might need something a little more heavy Duty. Don’t know yet. It’s really sunny today though.
No comments:
Post a Comment