Dear Mother, Dad, and Fam + Friends
Thanks for the letters that arrived this St. Patties day, I also sent my memory card with some letters of my own, which I hope arrived there by now. My Apt. number is 58, but I already got your mail so you knew that already XD
This week was a little odd because my companion was at leadership trainings leaving at 8 am and getting back at 5pm for over half the week. I was not with him much, I went with the other elders in our district, and I am really glad I didn't get transferred into their area. They have massive mile long hills to climb, and they have to do that like every day. I died every day because I am not used to these kind of hills. There are hills in my area, but nothing that compares to the hills found in their area. At least it was a good work out.
However, even with my companion being gone for half the time during the day, we still got a good amount done. The members seem to give us lots of golden referrals here. This week we already baptized one of the referrals that we got when I first got here. Sherry Miller was her name. She was gold because her member fellow-shippers have been working with her for a while. We also have another investigator that seems pretty legit, who is the brother of a new member in our ward. Her name is Amy and her brother (Bro. Mullins) invited her to church, and she said it was what she was looking for and now wants to get baptized. Her mother is also interested now.
All of these things where done by the members, and the members are the key to effective missionary work. Not only was Sherry baptized, but Marie Larson was also baptized yesterday. Another example of how members are really important. Her Sister has been an example to her for over 40 years, and now she finally came around. It takes time, but there are those out there that are our friends that are being prepared to accept the Gospel just by the example that we leave.
It was an awesome Sunday where we finally got to see some of the fruit of our labors. Oh by the way let me know how teaching Terry Dad's Personal trainer is going. That would be nuts if he got baptized.
I've also been hearing the things that have been going on in Japan . All of the missionaries there have been accounted for though. So yeah it makes me want to put together a good 72 hr kit here. Because California can be a very wicked place-- and is due for a good earthquake or two. The package is at the mission office, and I will be picking it up today. Thanks for sending that stuff. It's to bad the last package got stolen off of my other pad's door step :(
Don't worry about sending beef jerky though. And I’ll just put together a good emergency pack locally I think with some survival bars n stuff. Loved getting letters this week.
Well till next P-day!
Elder Rickers
PS: The wheat germ works, But It would be nice to get some more good facial cleanser. Before my germ ran out I was almost completely clear haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment