Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

My new Comp Elder K. is da bomb.

Greetings, and another happy PDAY!

This week has been pretty crazy. I'm still getting used to being on bike, but I love being active all day again. I am still learning the area, and I don't really know who all of the investigators are yet, but I have met quite a few, and we have some legit things happening in this area. We have a golden investigator that we started to teach this week (Sherry Miller), and she will be able to get baptized this next week because she has been going to church, and her friends that were in the ward have been working with her for 3 years already. We taught her 3 times this week, and she already quit coffee and agrees to pay tithing and so on. Also this Sunday we set a new baptismal date with Amy who's brother took her to church the week before. But she is out of our zone, so we will probably pass her off to the missionaries where she is at.
We also have another investigator who is close to baptism (Shay). He just needs to get his butt to church. Next Sunday one of my old investigators Marie Larson is getting baptized. So hopefully I will be able to go to that.

My new Comp Elder K. is da bomb. He’s way funny, but we also work hard, and he is in to Parkour n stuff. This P-day we are going to Vaskez Rocks. Which is the place they used to film the planet Vulcan in Star Trek (new old one).

Dang don't use US post any more for sending packages. Is there any way you could get your money back for the contents of the package? Part of the problem is that they dropped it off in Van Nuys which is a sketchy city where anything that isn't locked up gets stolen. It's awesome to hear what’s happening with you all. I'll try and send my memory card soon. It's just hard to find time to do that, But I'll try extra hard this week. Yeah it would probably be best to send all that stuff to the mission office anyway. If you send it on Friday I'll probably get it the next Friday.

There is a Costco Pretty close to our pad, which is cool. We might be able to go shopping there with a member who has a card. Almost out of protein so it would be nice to be able to buy some there next week.

It's crazy about all these earthquakes in New Zeland and Japan and stuff. California is prone to earthquakes as well. I'll probably get a heavy duty emergency bag together just to be safe because you never know.

Thanks for writing multiple emails per week Mom. I can read fast so its nice to get a couple and hear what’s going on with everyone in the fam. Well I have got to get heading out to Vasquez rocks. It's an awesome place to boulder, cant wait to see it.

Love you Mom, Dad, and Siblings! + friends and Family.

Till next week

Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment