Good morning and happy transfer Monday.
Yes I am getting transferred today and I am leaving my 8511 balboa blvd address. My new address will be
27077 Hideaway Ave
Santa Clarita, CA 91351
but I am not sure what apartment number yet. Well I'm really pressed for time so gotta go soon, but it’s been a really great last week here in my greeny area. Oh yeah you sent that stuff a while back but it is still not here yet. You might want to track it and find out where it is, or tell the post office what’s up. If it gets to my old address though I have some people that will try and get it to me at my new address. It would go to the zone leaders and they would take it to the office, and then my zone leaders would pick it up from the office.
Well I have had a very eventful week, especially on Wednesday. I went on splits with Elder Walker who is in my District and we had a blast. We rode over 18 miles that day on bike. It was amazing! We were definitely very guided that day. We were in the perfect place at the right time for everything. When we were going to lunch after stopping by some potentials to make return appointments we were prompted to go to Subway. On the way we rode by a Taco Bell across from the hospital, and some one yelled "ELDER WALKER!." We stopped but no one was there. But a moment latter this lady came running out of Taco Bell. She was not the one that yelled Elder Walkers name though, because she was inside the taco bell when that happened. But she was trying to get a hold of us. The day before she was eating at the same taco bell and she felt like she needed a blessing, and two missionaries rode past just like we did and she got a blessing from them. Then the next day WE rode past and by that time her friend had told her that she might need a blessing that day, and so we just happen to ride by the same taco bell at the same time she was eating lunch a day later. She worked at the hospital, so we crossed the street and entered and met her non member friend that wanted a blessing. So we explained what exactly it was and then preformed the blessing. We then went on our way to Sub-Way for lunch. When we got there I was feeling pretty spiritually high, and I joked to Elder Walker about how after all that guidance and finding everyone home what a blessing it would be if some how we got free lunch. When we ordered and got to the register coincidentally after all the other people went through the register broke. They did manage to fix it after a couple of minuets but we did get free large drinks and cookies out of it.
When we were done with our lunch we had 30 min left out of lunch to kill, so we decided to go back to the apartment to refill our water. But on the way we remembered that the place where they film The Office was really close by. So we made a slight detour to go check it out. When we got there, we noticed it looked like they where setting up to do some filming. We ran into some one that was part of the film crew, and he’s like "Yeah if you wait like 10 min You will get to see some of the cast from the Office." We ended up waiting 25 min but what we sough was awesome. They were setting up for a group picture for the entire Office Cast for season 7. So we saw Steve Carell and everyone else that has ever been in The Office, oh and Will Ferell was there too. Some of the actors waved to us, and Andy was like, “Hey look Missionaries!”
The rest of that day ended up being awesome as well, every one was home and we got allot of really good lessons in that day.
Ok well I have to go, But yay! its been a good week, Oh yeah And I’ll be on bike now so I'm buying one from an elder in my apt.
OK g2g, Till next week
Elder Rickers
PS: Out of Wheat Germ haha
No comments:
Post a Comment