Hey Hey Hey, another Monday!
Well it's been a busy week, and certainly a lot better than last week. My comp and I are getting along a lot better now, thanks to some much needed heart to heart and communication. However he is still pretty trunky haha. It's transfer Monday today, and I am staying in the Canyon country second ward with my comp, and I'm "killing" him (being with him when he gets dropped off at the mission home and then sent on a plane home).
I've learned a lot from him this transfer. More about how important it is to be unified with the one's we work with. Together Everyone Achieves More. It's been a struggle to put up with him, but we are interested in a lot of the same things, He's just more high strung all the time, and he makes everything more stressful than it should be. But we are still friends at this point, and I can't wait to make this next transfer the best one ever! I think I've developed more patience and understanding, and a stronger desire to contently strive to be better.
WOW that's really awesome news that Max is getting Baptized!! (note: Maxim Panin is one of Spencer's oldest childhood friends.) I'm sad I'm not there to see it! Tell him I'm proud of him, and that he should shoot me an email so I can send one back.
I'm so glad that you guys are seeing all these blessings, and having opportunities to go and be together in awesome places like Cancun. Well In about 5 weeks or so I will officially have been out for about 6 months. Crazy huh? This is going by way faster than I expected it to. Although this transfer seemed slow some times, because of stuff, but the next one if everything goes right should be really great. I'm so glad that Grandpa is getting better, and is eating again. The power of the priesthood is real, and with it I know that Grandpa will get better.
We have A baptismal date for the 15th of May. Shay VanDeventure is supposed to be baptized. We also have 2 other investigators that we will try and extend dates to. That is Sis. Cuthbertson (comes to church each week and has a very active member husband) and Marta Norton (who was knocked into by the last set of missionaries). With our new found unity and hopefully minimal trunkyness we will be able to stick it out to the end and have some success. I just pray I'll be able to keep learning, keep cool, and keep the spirit.
Thanks for sending all the antronex and allerplex, it is probably at the office, and I might be able to get it today, if not then Friday. The 72 hour kit might be there as well. Thanks for all the love and support! Oh and another thing that was frustrating this week. There where less comp problems, but a ton of Bike problems for my comp and I both. Well all in all I ended up spending about another $100 dollars to hopefully fix everything for ever and ever. The de- railer was shot because my bike fell over on something and bent it so I had to fix that, and I hopefully fixed all flat tires forever because I got some super nice Kevlar lined tires that are better for the road so they have less vibration and are smooth and a little thinner. All in all, bikes are pricey and hopefully I will not have to spend anymore on my bike for a while.
Well thank you for everything, and please pray for my comp and I to be unified in teaching and in everything else.
Love you guys
Elder Spencer Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment