Dear Family and Friends 4/25/11
Well Well Well, It's another Glorious P-day where we are planning on going hiking in a bit, and then going to Home Depot where I can get some PVC pipe to build some P bars, Woot!
Hmm well looks like you guys had a ton of fun in Cancun, the pictures I got were really cool. That's defiantly a place I'd like to check out some day. Sound's like everyone had an awesome Easter too, and I can’t say enough about what a relief it is that Grandpa is eating and starting to do well again.
I got Chrys's first Email to everyone. Sound like he’s having a good time with his trainer in Ohio, and is enjoying tracing and having a optimistic attitude. That attitude can make all the difference some times, because it naturally leads to more faith! We also found a few potential investigators the other day, because we took a priest out with us and all our appointments fell through so we decided to go trackting. We found two people that took the lessons from missionaries before, and now they want to again. So I'll keep you guys posted on them. Noelia who is almost 18 and goes to school with some of the youth in the ward, and Brian who looks like a former biker gang member, but now he does emergency dental work or something. These guys were found two weeks ago, but we have a good chance to meet with them both this week.
Shay, our best investigator, is getting baptized on the 15th if everything goes well. Bad thing is that some of our other investigators are fizzling out because we can't get then to church, and they are starting to have major trials pop up so its hard to meet with them. Marta, was our next best prospect, but she’s going through an ordeal with the failing health of her mom. But it's all good, we still have plenty to do because off my comp's renewed zeal for the last of his 5 weeks. He’s still a lot-a bit trunky, but we are getting along pretty great now. I've learned a lot from companionship. This Easter Sunday I've come to a new realization of how grateful I am for my trials, and how all these things in life we experience are very necessary for our eternal progression.
Yesterday we woke up at 3:00 AM and went to this Easter Sunrise Pageant at Vasquez Rocks. It was pretty cool (put pretty poor too), but it made me realize how much more fulfilling just our sacrament meeting is, because It was 100 times more spiritual than the Pageant that was put on by Evangelicals using the new translation of the bible which sounds weak and pretty stupid. My own fire is being refreshed for the work. It was hard not letting it go out with all the trunkyness and negativity going on for the last 4 weeks or so. But we have hit a turning point, and the next 5 weeks will be the best ever.
The Easter Bunny did manage to find my comp and I, haha thank you :D My companion is candy crazy so I gave him all of the candy XD I did eat all of the dark chocolate coconut things though:) He really liked it. Thanks for helping in my relationship with my comp :)
That's great that Grandpa Moe wants to come out and take my comp and I to lunch, But I'm not so sure that is in accordance with "Mission Rules" but I can ask around, The thing is he’s not a member, so I'm guessing It would be OK. In any case, better to beg for forgiveness later than ask for permission now. So yeah we will look forward to having him next Tuesday for lunch somewhere :D
So I know Drake is going to Argentina now. But when does he leave? I also need his mission Email. It's probably just firstname.lastname like most everyone else. I'm guessing Chrys's is the same. I'll be sure and Email Max, that's so awesome that he’s baptized now :D It's just like all my friends are getting baptized now that I'm gone haha.
Well I'm looking forward to another week of trials and success. It'll be great, Oh and Mothers day is coming up on the 8th, so Mom I'll be calling sometime probably like after our church. Around 2 CA time so 3 Utah time. I'll remind you guys again the week before too. I can't believe that in 5 weeks my mission will be 25% over. It's gone too fast, gotta make it worth while, I’ve had, so far, lots of growth I think. Well pray for me, I really want this last 5 weeks with Elder Kershisnik to be amazing.
We met this catholic Family a few weeks ago that we are trying to teach. They are super nice. The Grajalvas with Bill, and Melony the parents and 6 kids with three or four at baptism age. We went over yesterday and half of their extended family was there, and they are all super cool too. I taught Their nephew how to do a back flip on the trampoline. It was great! It reminded me of a large Mormon family reunion…with the only exception of there being some light alcohol there. So that was really good, then we went to Bro Webb's house. He’s a chiropractor + he does all sorts of different reflex testings to see what organs are weak and then what supplements you need and don't need. Well I got my supplements tested last P-day and he explained to me about how multi vitamins are usually a waste of money. And I need to use less of my other supplements, and more of ones that I didn't have. He prescribed” vitamin A cod Liver oil”, a really good from of calcium which is like the only form that your body can really use efficiently, and a good amino acid supplement (can’t really use the form of calcium in milk very well). He gave me a good deal too.--50% off retail. They are very high quality supplements. So I pretty much know what I want to do when I get off my mission. It's what he does. It's awesome. Oh and when we did service like 3 weeks ago for him he gave me this amazing stuff that is clearing up my face like nothing. It's pretty sweet.
Well got to go hiking. Till next P-day
Elder Rickers
PS: emergency kit came too.
No comments:
Post a Comment