Hello everybody! Mom, Dad, and my dear friends and family:
Well Elder K. is dead (done with his mission). So that stress is lifted. No really he is a good guy, but having a 5 man pad--and living with K. was very stressful for me. I have come to the realization that 2 man pads are the way to go if you can help it and you are a missionary (at least for me). I have time to think more, and focus on my companion. Elder Holley is my new companion. He was my room mate before, but now because they combined the work in Valencia 3rd and the Korean Branch, he is my companion. He's a really great guy. We get along verrry well and we work our butts off every day. However all this extra amount of work has made us very tired, and it seems like the night's sleep is too short, and we both have developed the habit of going to bed at 11:30 or 12. So yeah--we need to work on that. We teach English class at 9:30 in the morning, and we seldom get back till about 9 or 9:30 pm. Lately we have been getting lunch at a Korean member's house, which is a bonus.
This week I have been doing a much better job at keeping myself fed, however I need to be better about my exercise now that I am not on a bike and biking at least 10 miles a day. All that was part of the problem last week too probably haha. Well thank you all for not forgetting me, I love you all! And I say this too much probably but sorry I am really bad at writing letters, and I hope to do more of that very soon. I think writing letters despite my bad spelling would help me a lot. It's always good to stay in contact more personally than one big globular e-mail to everyone every week.
Oh! I hope Grandpa Paul improves soon. Poor Grandpa! --But I am so glad to hear mostly everyone else is doing pretty well.
We have some high goals this transfer, and we are willing to put everything out there so we can receive all the Lord intends to bless us with. We are not forgetting to have fun either.
Wow the Library time is so short I might have to re-log back in but I'll try to hurry: lets see, My companion was born and raised in Korea, but his father is American and served his mission in Korea, and actually baptized his mother and then met her again when he came back to teach Law at a university there. Then while he was in Korea he stumbled into a Media career which has now lead to him being a very famous celebrity in Korea. His name is Robert Holley. So yeah, It's pretty cool that my companion has a famous Dad. Elder Holley also has been on "Korean Idol" and got to the fourth round but decided to quit so he could go on his mission. He hardly has an accent and he is really good at singing, but is a really crazy driver.
Yeah, I was pretty down a week ago, but I feel I am doing a lot better this week. We went to Jamba Juice right before we got to the Library, it was really delicious. I am planning on buying lots of good food this week, we really didn't have time to shop last week because of transfer day. Elder Johnson made it safely to Pomdale in the ghetto of the desert. Brother Hamill who dropped him off said there was a Billboard for "Counseling for Mothers with Murdered Children" right next to his apartment. So yeah, there is a market for that up there apparently. I don't mind the ghetto though, I started there in Van Nuys and we had a lot of cool stuff happen. People are more receptive in those parts by far. There is a good chance that I will be transferred next transfer, because there are allot of new Korean elders coming, and Elder Holley will probably train one of them.
As far as investigators go--really pray for the F. Family (Mike and Sarah, with kids Henry and Kennith) and the H. family (Jim the father an inactive member, With DJ, Kaylee, Emily, and Johnathan the kids not members). We also have Sister's Kitchen, and Coolie. All our other investigators dropped or moved, and a bunch were transferred to other missionaries. We are working on finding one new family that we can bring to the waters of baptism this month. So pray that we will have success finding, and that we can inspire the ward members to have the courage to invite their friends and family who are prepared, and that they might accept the Gospel.
Well out of time g2g Love you all, and I'm praying for you all as well.
Love - Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment