Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Be baptized pleeeeeeeeeez?

Happy P-day everybody!
Well this morning we went hiking with the rest of the district. It was really awesome.
We had a whole ton of work to do this week, everything went really good.
It looks like B. is moving out for college really soon, so she won't have too much time to meet with us, but we are going to work with her to pass her off to the missionaries that cover the singles ward in the other mission if we can. She is so golden! However not all is lost. We have set like 5 appointments with different families that have really great potential. We found them all through being inspired where to knock. We were really blessed this week. A few we taught good first lessons on the door step and set return appointments, so they are brand new investigators--technically. So we have two new official investigators this week with a bunch of other potentials. H., and M. are our official ones, but H. also has a husband who is semi interested and we are scheduled to meet with them on Saturday. We are teaching the L. family Wednesday night, and F. and K. and their families tonight (finally) as well as B. and the D. family tonight.
Hope we can also move forward with the F. family in the near future, they have been so busssy lately. We were not able to meet with them with them this week, so yeah they are beginning to loose a little momentum. They have been out of town and all too. Also the H. family has been all over the place. It's hard to find J. around anymore since he feels well enough to go back to work. Korean work has been going well, I am finally going to order my Korean name tag, even though I probably won't be in for too much longer.
So lots of stuff happened this week, and the week flew by, and I can't really remember all the details right now. However, with all this going going going it's been a struggle to have the energy to work out and relieve some stress. I hope to be better and get some stress out this week..But I think hiking this morning really helped with that.
Well the year mark steadily approaches, not sure exactly how many days it is until then, but it is soon. Everything is going by way to fast. I still need to have all the experiences I am meant to, I hope another year is enough to learn what I need to learn. It would be great to "Die" (end my mission) way up in the dessert away from allot of this crap in Valencia and the Valley. I've had my share of rude stuck up people this week...in fact reflecting back on the week is bringing back frustration from people who think they got it all going on. Ran into a Masters in Religion Collage guy and had a little bash with him this week. Faith without works is dead, being alone... Wanted to tell him to at least read ALL of your Bible--and stop taking verses out of context. He gets paid to teach the Bible, why doesn't he read it and try and think for himself for once. grrrrrrrrr....
Good news though. Don't know if I included this last week, but P. from my last area is being baptized this week! and Elder Holley and I are going to sing at her baptism. So that's pretty awesome. Well we are going to try and go crazy extending some baptismal invitations this week. To all of our investigators! hahaha. Be baptized pleeeeeeeeeez? nah not like that, but we have been counseled from our leaders that we need to extend baptismal dates more. So, that's exactly what we will do. We are planning to do it with all the first lessons we teach this week. There is a good chance that many of them will accept, because we were guided to some pretty legit people.
Well Love you all, oh as far as candy goes for birthday and Halloween don't worry about it. We have too much sweets everyday already. More healthy things would be good though.
Well glad every one else is doing pretty good, Thank you so much for the update on stuff at home :D Good luck and great health to Grandpa Paul!!
-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment