Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One of my old investigators got baptized!

Happy Halloween family and friends, and Happy Birthday to Elder Thompson too a few days ago!
It's going to be an interesting day for missionary work, seeing that everyone is going to be going crazy for candy and all dressed up. We will probably seek refuge at a members house somewhere or something, no one signed up for dinner tonight though.
Well let me tell ya, it was a long week, but in the end we came out on top in allot of ways. We had to drop two of the recent investigators we found. One is moving to collage and kinda lost interest after we couldn't contact her for 2 weeks because she was on some trip. The other wasn't all that interested after all, and we only met with her twice. But we did find one more this week, but he's kind of a nut to be honest, and It would be a miracle if he could give up his old way of thinking for something brighter and better. His name is A., and he actually was a referral from other missionaries--he stopped them on the street, and told them to come over. He had taken the missionary lessons like 14 years ago, but he wants another go. He's pretty much an "atheist" but he says he has a desire to believe, but at the same time he finds in his mind reasons that make believing ridiculous to him. However he did come to church, and we will see where he goes in a couple weeks or so. He's an interesting one, kinda really weird though.
Well we had allot of hope for this week with all the families that we found last week, but many of our appointments fell through. However we still have one legit investigator that we found that we have high hopes for. Her name is M. and we should be able to meet with her again this week. Other than that it's back to some major finding, and we are going to try and dig around for some member referrals. We have one member's friend that is almost a referral, they told us about her and that she has some interest in coming to church. Her name is L., but we have not met her yet.
Well my District is officially the best. They are just some hard working Bosses I'm proud of 'em! This next week I got a bishop to come and give us a training on how to work with ward members, should be good. Well other than what I just told you nothing too new. However one of my old investigators got baptized! Elder Holley and I got to sing at her baptism. It was so good to see everybody there from CC2. P. got baptized finally. About time. We taught her like every week for 6 months haha. So that was really cool to see her get dunked. It was really great to see D. there at the baptism too. She's so strong in her testimony still, and she was full of light. She has changed allot since we first began teaching her.
Oh yeah haha, I gave a talk this Sunday in the Korean branch. Which should have been a 20 min talk ended up being a 40 min talk. because I had to pause every couple sentences and let Elder Holley then talk into the mic and translate for me. So yeah I basically talked all of sacrament XD, and then Elder Holley talked for like 3 minutes.
Dang, P-days are becoming kind of boring. I think it's because I haven't been able to practice parkour for so long, because we always have to drive people around and stuff. Everyone always wants to play foot ball or something. I suck at foot ball, makes me so frustrated, I can't catch a dang thing. I need to spend some quality time practicing some Free Running and Parkour, and get some quality stress relief in.
Well all in all it was kind of a testing week, but we came out on top, and I'm able to be more positive because of it. We did our best and that's all we can do some times.
Oh yeah--that Halloween package might have gotten lost or something. The UPS guy left a notice on the door saying that the package was left on the patio, but nothing was there. I called UPS with the tracking number, but they have no record of the number. So I don't know, guess the mail man was really hungry or something and ate the contents.
Well I have comited myself to going to bed on time, and guess what? It works! I've had more energy than I have had in a while. Makes the days go allot better Went to bed exactly at 10:30 every night except last night. Makes waking up at 6:00 allot better.
Well I have limited time, Gotta go! But thanks for your prayers support.
LOVE YOU ALL
-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment