Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

I only have a year left, however that's not all true because next year I actually go home on the 28th of November...

How do ya do Friends and Family?
Well officially this week I only have a year left, however that's not all true because next year I actually go home on the 28th of November. This time has gone way to fast, however I wish it would go a little faster so I could finally have my back all healed up so I can actually have full pain free mobility. It's doing really good this morning, and I expect to be premo and working good about a week and a half from now.
Yes it was a great birthday! Thank you Oma for your card and the contents there of :D

For my year mark I can't really remember everything that happened that day but it was good. I kinda already celebrated it early right before I left with Elder Holley and Kim with a member in the Valencia 3rd ward. We went to Rattlers and each got a full rack of baby back ribs. It was delicious!
Well my first Sunday with the ward was yesterday, and it was really really good. The members are more real it seems here than in Valencia, and sacrament and the classes were all top notch. Most of the ward are older members who all grew up in North Hollywood and never left. There are people here that have been in the ward since 1962. There are only a few younger families and youth, and from what I've seen so far they are all really nice and supportive of us. The last missionary that was here, Elder Clark, served in this ward for 9 months, and then the last one before that, Elder Burbidge, served here with various companions also for over 10 months. So I might be here a while.
Combined District meeting on Friday was AWESOME. Elder Burbidge and Elder Condiff are our zone leaders. They are two of my favorite fun missionaries here in the mission. It's going to be awesome seeing them around. They are a really good team too, and they work really well together. Elder Burbidge is lucky that his last companion be a good one. He's spend a lot of his mission with some tough companions. He inspires me most though, because even through that he always shows love and attention to everyone he's with, and everyone he is around.
Well my new companion is actually really cool. Really quiet, but that, I think, is because English is his second language. Yes I went from Korean Work to another Korean companion. He's from Sole Korea, He plays the flute, and he's exited for me to teach him how to work out and get strong. It's too bad I won't be able to work out with him for the next week or so. He hasn't been out very long, only 6 months, he actually hasn't been in the area very long either, only 6 weeks, so it will take us learning how to work together despite our major cultural and style barrier, but I am really optimistic about everything right now.
This week went pretty well, We were able to set lots of appointments with new found potential investigators, and referrals. We even set a Baptismal date for Dec 17th with Mario, He kinda needs allot of work though. He needs to commit to go to church and get in the habit of going to church. We also have two other investigators that we are going to set dates with. One is with Joey Wada (She is an older woman in poor health), and with Isabel (Latina woman who is pregnant). We also have a number of others we are working with but I cant remember their names right now. Oh and Sam and Claudia, who we haven't been able to meet with, but at one point, a month ago, were thinking about baptism. All we need to do is extend the invitation to a lot of these people.
Well I only have so much time left so we have to go. However as far as Christmas goes to answer Mom's question, Umm I think I'm fine with anything but junk food. We get that everyday haha, dont need any more XD.
Well till next glorious P-day here in the Ghetto. Can't wait to go to the big P-bar park in a week or two. It will be great getting my exercises on again!
-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment