Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The monks welcomed us in and we talked for about an hour and a half about the church

Hello Friends and Family!
Well this week a ton of really interesting things happened. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough time to write everything. Well the beginning of this week was a little slow. I threw out my back again Monday stooping down low to catch a Frisbee, wasn't as bad as the first time with the soccer ball incident, but on Thursday I got to see another Chiropractor. This Chiropractor is a little different than Dr. Webb, but he's really good too. However, I think I like how Dr.Webb practices better, and I like his philosophy better too. Dr. Webb seems to be much more than just a Chiropractor. He does allot of other things to keep your entire body well. Dr. Richardson ( the one I go to now) is still really good too. I kind of hurt my back a little bit again on Thanksgiving bending on one knee to tie my shoes. This morning I saw Dr. Richardson again so I feel super good right now, I'm all lined up. (however I still think Dr. Webb's adjustments are a little better). If I go into that field, I kinda want to do what Dr. Webb does.
My allergies have been killing me down here. I think they are starting to get a little better, but its quite dangerous when I'm driving the car and I have to squint and blink because my eyes are on fire from the California pollen I'm not used to, and from the extra smog of the Valley. I feel pretty good right now though, but it's because I don't have my contacts in, I'm actually kind of getting used to wearing my glasses.
We had major blessings this week. Although we were not able to see our main investigators (M. with a baptism date, J.--who is golden!), and I. (really awesome and just had a baby) --We picked up some new ones that have some promise. We also got a ton of referrals and potentials just coming out of nowhere it seems. Although we had no official investigators show up at church. We did have one of our referrals show up, and she even brought a friend. We are more than likely having a FHE with them with another family in our ward. They are both from Russia, We also had a random guy show up too. His name is T., and he has two primary age daughters. We got his number and we are supposed to meet with him soon.
We have another member referral that we are going to try and contact today, and another referral that we are going to try and contact soon as well. We also have two new part member families that we are going to start teaching soon. One is the F. family and the other is a Hispanic Family, L-- or something like that. So yeah, things are ready to explode here in No Ho. We had a really good District meeting this Friday too. The zone is great, the district is great, What more could be better? Both my companion and I are actually on the same team too! He's really great! He may be the first companion I have had where I don't feel like I have to drag him every where, or coax into doing comp study or nag about leaving on time. I think we both help lift each other. That's the key, It's hard when only one is lifting and the other one is falling, or is just a dead weight follower.
So our new Investigator Family is sweet!, It is G. and C., not to sure how long they have been together, but they certainly have lots of potential and G. gets a big smile on her face every time we talk about how we help people become an Eternal Family. They both seem like they are pretty good about reading too.

We also got two Media Referrals from Temple square for two Buddhist Monks that requested Thai Copies of the Book of Mormon.
We met one other Monk last week that said to come back and we could meet them this week. So we came back and we had an awesome experience. They welcomed us in and we talked to them for about an hour and a half about the church, the priesthood, missionary work, and the Book of Mormon. They were so nice and kind. I think they are genuinely interested in learning more about our church, but I'm not sure how open they are to actually going to our church. They are actually the leaders of the Thai Buddhist temple here in No Ho. We have an appointment with them for next week. We are going to try and get the lesson pamphlets in Thai and we have DVD's that have Thai subtitle's. N., and S. are their nick names, No idea how their real names are pronounced or spelled.
Well I'm doing pretty darn good here in the lovely ghettos of No Ho. We've been short on food because we haven't gotten as many dinners as usual for the last week, But we are going to good 'ol Ralphs today for some major healthy green yummy food. I'm all out of oatmeal, beans, eggs, almond milk, brown rice, and everything else I eat.
Mom asked me what would be good for Christmas. But nothing's better than being able to eat food that invigorates the body, spirit and mind--except maybe some music CD's. But don't worry about Christmas music, I have plenty of that, I've actually gained quite the good music collection lately. All mission appropriate, don't worry XD
Well I'm out of time, But yeah that Garmin would awesome as soon as possible haha. We kinda get lost allot some times trying to find all these weird addresses.
Well 'Till next week
-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment