Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

time flies when you are having fun and working hard :D

Dear Family,
This week was a tough week, but we still got lots done despite not having our car, and our transportation being very limited. It seems that we spend almost half the day riding places. We road about 20 miles each day this week except for yesterday. After church we were so tired that we both collapsed on the floor for 3 hours and didn't even realize what happened. It's been pretty tough on bike in this huge area.
To be honest...I rather enjoy it, but I can see that we are not nearly as effective on bike in such a large area. My comp has been having a hard time with it--doesn't enjoy it at all. But none the less he's done a good job and keeps on going. Allot of our investigators and members are really far apart. We have been thinking of getting bus passes this next week to help us out on the long rides. Up to 5 miles between appointments and dinners etc...
Wednesday in the morning we had to bike all the way to the hospital and check all of our investigators that were over there and visit a recent convert in the hospital. That all together was a 10 mile round trip just to return and eat lunch. It was insane too because it was actually 86 degrees outside that day. At least it wasn't raining though! After that lunch, we ended biking another 10 miles or so going to appointments and dinner and back. Most days were like this, but the week end, thankfully, we were able to get member rides and help for appointments on Friday and Saturday.
Our car is still getting repaired, and we should get it back maybe next week at the fastest, but maybe in another 3 weeks at the slowest.
We have another appointment for J. this Tuesday. I think she is getting really close, we may be having the baptismal service this week after church.
The M. Family is doing pretty good still. We had another good lesson with them Saturday, and said they would try and make it to church again-- But it ended up not happening :( Our goal this week is to set dates with them though. We also were not able to see allot of our other investigators this week because of not having a car :(

Well its good to see that everyone is doing so well still at home. I'll have allot of catching up to do when I get back. I bet Joe, and Ben will be better skiers than me, and better at doing flips n things too! XD
My back is almost healed, but Saturday we helped a guy move into our area. I didn't lift anything to heavy, but I did aggravate it a little. Probably put an extra week or so recovery on it :( gotta stop doing that. I've decided to give up flips on my mission, they can only hurt me because I don't have time to be in shape enough to do them. Instead I will spend the rest of my mission trying to rebuild my body and prepare it slowly to the point where it's ready to endure all the awesome things I want to do after the mission XD
But for now that's secondary too, I need to continue to focus on being the best missionary I can before I go home.
Oh the Books of Mormon that the ward sent last year were great. I already handed them all out long ago, and it was cool because I got to point out the testimony in them and the people seemed to me more receptive to that. So yeah, if you have more send them here and we will get em out pretty fast.
Well, think that's all for this week, can't believe that this month is already over, time flies when you are having fun and working hard :D
Well Till week!!
ELDER RICKERS
PS: The keyboard I am using is decrepit, so there may be missing letters here or there XD

No comments:

Post a Comment