Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I hope they can withstand the adversary's darts...

Hello my fine Family and Friends!
Well this week we got our car back, and that was the highlight of the week probably. However the day before we got our car back, we got caught in a huge rain storm on our bikes. We got absolutely soaked :) However all the stuff in my bag was ok, I have a poncho thing for my bag for just such a situation.
Well! We have picked up a few more investigators this week! There is a guy named S. who seems pretty open and cool, we also have V., who is really gold! We are going to work on setting a baptismal date with him, and for now we have J. who we might hand over to the Spanish Elders if the rest of his family is also interested in being taught. He's pretty awesome, he's come to Church with a member family almost every week for the past month or so. The member family even got him a white shirt and everything-- Looks like he's ready to pass the sacrament right when he turns 12 in a month or two.
Well things are pretty great here, only 4 weeks of the transfer left--St. Patties day being the last day this transfer. The M. Family is going pretty awesome, we are pretty hopefully for them to be baptized within the next 3 weeks or so. Hope nothing too bad happens in the interim, and I hope they can withstand the adversary's darts as they draw closer to following Christ.

We are so relieved we have our car back its not even funny. I love it!
Well we went to Santa Clarita this past week, and got a few things at the book store. One thing that would be really awesome to have that they were sold out on is the Mormon Messages DVD, they probably have that in Deseret Book Store somewhere--if possible it would be great to have that.
Also I think I am going to look into getting a Mini quad with a snapping case, like Dad's little brown one. I love my scriptures and would still use them mainly to study, but they are pretty big and the snapping mini quad would be awesome to have-- less to tote around when we go trakting and stuff. I find that they are probably the cheapest on the distribution site.
Well, we have to get going soon, but we are pretty safe and sound here! My back is continuing to get better, but is not quite 100%.
Well we will hopfully hear from ya guys next week :D
-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment