Dear Family and friends
I have been transferred about 3 hours from North Hollywood, to the Ridgecrest 3rd Ward. I am white washing this area, which means that I am going in without any one else having been in the area first. I am also training a new missionary. I don't know anything about him other than his name is Elder S. Wednesday is when I get my new companion. I hope I'm able to be a good first companion and start him off on the right foot.
There is lots of nothing up here in the dessert. Which is awesome! No more cockroaches in the apartment, loud gangster rap outside, or gun shots. Just the starry sky and miles of sage brush and Joshua Trees, and a few houses here and there. We have the newest car in the mission, and it's even got paddle shifting and tinted windows. A brand new 2012 Chevy Cruze, white, and still has the new car smell inside. This zone is pretty stacked too. There are some really good missionaries here, hope I can keep up with them and I hope I'll be able to rely on the Lord more than ever. I just really want to try and do it the spirit's way this transfer. We have been leaving at about 7 or 8 in the morning for the past 4 or 5 days trying to get everything ready for me leave and trying to help every one else out too, haven't had much time to study.
A lot of mail sent from dad's office still goes to the Valencia Pad on Sky Crest, I finally got it all today after it sitting there for about the last month or so. Finally got Bro. McCurdy's book with all the inspiring stuff and study material, I'm excited to pour over it. I'm also excited for the opportunity to train. I'd thought I'd never train, I'm a little nervous, but It's only natural.
Wow both Ben and Joe will be huge by the time I get back. That's great that they are doing so well. I love hearing about you guys!
Missionary month again! Wow I remember writing last year and thinking about all the missionary months I had in mutual. As far as quick healthy things to do if you have limited time to eat. Well, smoothies are something I do. I do a power breakfast smoothie with a cup of Oatmeal (ice if cooked), a banana, scoop of protein and peanut butter, with almond milk as a base. I'm trying to stay away from dairy products. Or just a plain fruit smoothie. Half cup of berries of your choice, 2 Cups liquid of your Choice (water, juice, any kind of milk or milk substitute) and one frozen banana, add a packet of all natural sweet flavor from Truvia (Stevia) packets for taste.
For breakfast I've been doing toasted sour dough bread, topped with eggs and salsa, or put it in a sandwich. Or if you have no time at all or are just lazy, just eat dinner and fast for every meal and just drink water and lemon. I've only done that like 3 times--but I'm getting better at true fasting. It's still really hard for me to just go without food with no real spiritual motivation.
Well got to go, but I'll let you know my new address very soon. I'll let you know how this next new week goes!
-Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment