Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

look forward to receiving my new address...

Dear Family and Friends,
Well it's the second to last week of the transfer. I have officially been in this area for about 4 and a half months or so. Next week is my last week here most likely. We had some good success this week, the M. family is steadily progressing toward baptism, and things seem to be going in line. We have B-- (M's girlfriend) that is also getting more comfortable with the idea. This week we met with the N's friend J, who is straight out of prison for violating a number of things he wasn't supposed to do, but was coaxed into it by his Ex--Long story that I don't really understand, but he's made lots of mistakes in the past and has tried to change but has failed. However he's now found the right avenue for change in his life. He is super open to learning and wants to progress, he's come to church last week and this week now. We also have a few others like J. who is part of a family that we handed off to Spanish because the the parents are more comfortable there. However J. is cool with English and he looks like a little deacon ready to pass the sacrament in a few months. We could probably baptize him next week, but we want the parents too. He's already come to church for about the last 5 or so times in a row. J. is just held back by her health, however some new developments are happening with her, and if all goes super well, she may be baptized before I leave.
This week was kinda stressful, but that's natural some times at the end of a transfer, we had a good turn out at church though, and we have some high hopes for this next to last week. As far as where I will be going I don't know for sure yet, but the AP's told the zone leaders that I would be opening a new area in a rejiggered zone, and training. I'm super stoked for that possibility, but nothing is set till this Wednesday. I love this area and would not mind staying, but I think my work is done here, and I am completely satisfied with all the work I was able to accomplish in this area. We basically started with one investigator and no one who would come to church, but now we consistently have 4-7 people at church every week from our pool, there is a ton of potential with these people we have been blessed to find and teach. I hope that everything will continue to progress when I leave. I have confidence in my companion that it will. He's going senior comp for the first time for sure this next transfer, so it is for sure that I am leaving, just don't know 100% where I will end up going.
Dang, Joe is a little O-G tagging up the shed, well hope he learns his lesson XD--Dang Ben, you should get involved in the parkour class that my friend Ryan runs. He will teach you how to be pro at wall runs and back flips and all manner of flips. Just call 801-228-0771 and tell him you're Spencer's brother he can hook you up with the parkour class.
Well that's all that's new here, but look forward to receiving my new address. Oh and another thing. Letters have been going to my old address in Valencia to the Skycrest apartment, North Hollywood isn't exactly the same place as Valencia XD--Just to be safe just send all mail to the Mission office address, on Lyons there are a few letters that the elders have that are a few week old that they haven't gotten to me yet. If they are sent there, they take like an extra week or two to get to me. I'll provide the new address this next Monday for the new location.
Well I love you all and it was awesome to hear all the news at home. It's awesome that Taylor is going to England! Tell him good luck from me and tell those hard hearted Brits whats up.
- Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment