This week was another really
good one. We seem to be improving every week. Elder Stephens is a really
hard working missionary, he will be a great missionary! He doesn't
really need much training because he already has the basics down which
is serving God with all your heart might mind and strength. It's amazing
how much energy this guy has!
Well we taught lots this week. Many things fell
through, but we managed to get lots of other potentials at the same
time. We have more appointments set up for this week than we have
before. We hope to be able to end this last week of the transfer on the
best week yet.
We found 4 new investigators this week. Two were
from part member families, C. Q., and the M. family has
another kid that we didn't teach before that we are now teaching. His
name is D. While knocking, we found 2 new investigators E. and E.
They are African American and awesome! Based on our first visit they are
super gold. They have always had questions about what the church
believed, and herd some false rumors. They gained the courage to
finally let us in and asked their simple questions and all
the misinformation they received was dispelled. They are exited about the Book of Mormon and want to come to a church service.
We have found many other potentials and we hope they
all become investigators soon. We have M. who his a Jehovah's
Witness who is actually really open to reading the Book of Mormon and
investigating the church. She seems sincere. We are doing lots of finding
and visiting members and asking for referrals. We are dead tired each
and every day. I'm really glad that we get fed lots here!
It got up to 102 on Saturday, and it was 100
yesterday all day. Everything is melting around us, it's only the
beginning and we are expected to have a few weeks soon of 109 all week.
It normally gets up to 114 in the dead of summer and can go as high as
120. Time is flying and I can't believe it's pretty much summer
again. I hope to stay up here for a while. However there is a chance I
could leave when I'm done training, however I think that it might be a
possibility that Elder Stevens could train after he's done being
trained--he is so awesome :D
Thanks for the update on things at home. I
understand Joe, I wasn't a big fan of sharing time either and I was so
relived when I left Primary for Young Men's. Dang that does sound like a lame scout camp
from Ben's report. I'd rather just go hiking. Well last P-day we went
to Alabama hills, it was awesome. I narrowly escaped death several times
(not really) and we climbed all around on crazy rock formations. Today
we are taking it easy and slack lining.
LOVE you all ! Got to go now, Till next week
Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment