Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

our heads and heart are in the work and I feel very happy all the time now :D

Dear Family,

Well I didn't cover allot of the particulars last week did I? XD

Well I am training and it's awesome. My new companion is straight from the MTC and he is full of faith and the desire to work hard.

Here are the answers to your questions:

What is your new address??
My new address is 1005 Alene Ave in Ridge Crest California.

What is your companion's name? Well the answer to that is Elder Taylor Stephens!

Where is he from? He's From Ogden Utah, he is the second youngest of 5 has 3 brothers and an oldest sister.

What does he like to eat? He's pretty good about eating anything as far as I can tell, but I know he prefers traditional Utah Mormon food, because a lot of the dinners we have he's trying certain foods for the very first time. Like he'd never had real Chinese food before Saturday.

What is he interested in? He likes to Snowboard, and play sports, he also loves the outdoors.

Is there anything else he might like as a treat? He likes licorice.

What about me? Anything that I could remotely use??? Well I'm not really sure how much money I have on my back up debit card, other than that I'm pretty set.
Oh one thing, My allergies are pretty bad right now. I might be running out of Alerplex and Antronex in a couple weeks. Everything should calm down after the spring weather. Alerplex and Antronex are still the biggest things that help me. Luckily it's just been a runny nose, I've had no eye irritation at all..

How are we getting along? We get along great, our heads and heart are in the work and I feel very happy all the time now :D

Am I enjoying training? Yes I am enjoying training a lot!

How is the exercising? Well I could do better, and I think It would help me even more, but ever since my back injury, I've not been as diligent, however I'm beginning to improve. My companion also enjoys getting up early and exercising, it's great!

We picked up a part member investigator this week and set a date for baptism on the 14th of April. Her sister was baptized a few weeks before I came to Ridge Crest. So that was exciting. We have not had too many new investigators this week, but we did manage to meet with all the investigators still in the teaching pool left over from the previous elders. We gained a lot of referrals this week and we should be able to pick up 4 or so this week.

The ward is really great, almost everybody in Ridge Crest is an Engineer on the base. This is a Navy base town where lots of naval weapons are developed and tested. Every morning the F/A 18 s take off and buzz our apartment, occasionally we will hear them testing a bomb!

It's going to be an all out week this week! We have high hope and faith and will try our best, thank you so much Mom and Dad and the rest for supporting me :D

LOVE YOU GUYS!

-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment