Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I've learned more to appreciate how it feels to work at hard working. Plus it makes the days fly by :D

Alrighty Then.

Dear Family,

It was great to hear what the latest news is from the tribe. Sounds like a ton of fun! XD 

WOW, Ian is home from his mission already. They are just all home by now--everybody almost. Well this week, to be honest, was not too exiting. I really only got one full day of missionary work in on Saturday. I went on exchanges with Elder Dutsen, a stud Spanish missionary. We also did exchanges with some others, but only for parts of the day for specific appointments. Elder Stephens is still sicker then a dog, and is still very weak from the pneumonia  and strep throat. He's hanging in there but, he still puts himself under stress though, and I can tell he feels guilty for not being able to work his hardest, or at all right now, for that matter.

However we were able to pick up a new part member family. The Bills family, they are pretty awesome, the Mother, a nonmember, is really nice and was almost baptized 14 or so years ago. They are willing to re take the lessons and try again. It's too bad they are moving to the other side of town next month. Ah well-- they get taught either way. 

Other than that I have done a ton of reading and studying and falling asleep. I've read allot of the New Testament and also the Book of Mormon, but last night I finished a book called "The Continuous Atonement" by Brad Wilcox. I wonder if he's related to my MTC companion. It was a really good book, and it increased my understanding of the atonement, although I may have to re-read some parts that I detected may not be 100% doctrinally based, but hey, It was pretty darn good over all!

My press up to handstand ability is diminishing, so I worked on that a lot this week. However not having the means to go out and work has reminded me that I really do love to work and see things get done. Saturday was the best day ever because it felt like a normal good hard day of missionary work. I love to work, and I despise sitting around, and in being forced to sit around I've learned more to appreciate how it feels to work at hard working. Plus it makes the days fly by :D

Man, I can't believe Jake is taller too, haha I need to see a picture of him, tell 'em to email me a picture, and then we can communicate a bit too :D I'm so glad to hear that Drake is doing well. I miss that guy too. Tell his Parents and sister Hi from me, and I'm guessing Drakes Email is Drake.Mattingley@myldsmail.net or something, but send that to me just in case.

WELL I LOVE YOU ALL

Don't get trunky for me XD

-Elder Rickers  (spencer.rickers@myldsmail.net)

PS: So you want to send me a Package? Awesome! Well I love the Optimum Nutrition ZMA in the greenish bottle, It makes me sleep so GOOD, and I love things that are healthy with not to much sugar, GOJI Berries, Hmm, well I have a ton of Raw caco powder chocolate stuff still--so don't worry about that. I love the little power bar things they sell at good earth full of nuts n raw chocolate and Agave. My most favorableistic snack ever. Well you guys decide :D Oh I liked those seed things that if put in water swell up to little jelly balls, Nick used them in some smoothie once that he made for me, I can't remember what they were called, but they are seed powder stuff, and If they are put into water they swell up and are kind of like Lychee Berrys but smaller. Nick may know what they are called--chia seeds?  Something.

anyway, LOVE YA

-Elder Spencer Rickers


No comments:

Post a Comment