Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

I bid thee farewell just in case I die :)

Dear Family
 
Happy MAY!
 
Can't believe that it's May already, time flies too fast when you are having fun, and have the whole day packed with stuff... Not so much this week though, it was one of the tougher weeks just because everything fell through and we did endless hours of tracting and trying to stop by less actives who were not there. However we were able to find at least one new investigator this week. Her name is T., she has a sweet heart and wants to know if what we have can be a new start in her life, I hope it all goes well.
 
The Q's, (C, Z, S, and A) are doing great. C, the mom is doing fabulous and really wants to get baptized, she is making a great effort to get baptized. We haven't set a date with her yet because she said she didn't want one until she was free of the cigarettes, which, in a couple of weeks, should be a reality. So far she's going strong on the Shantex program. C R is still good with his date for baptism, and we have appointments scheduled every week until then. E and E are busy with finals this last week and until the end of this week, so we have not been able to meet with them since our first visit, which went really well. M has been busy too, but she said she could meet for sure this week, we will see. There are a few other investigators that we haven't been able to meet with since beginning of last transfer namely, R and C, and J. The B. Family dropped us because the Mother didn't want her kids becoming Mormon. Poor kids--they are all alone with crazy lazy parents out in the middle of the desert with no one else to see any more. All their mom and dad do for fun is play online video games. They are addicted, it's pretty sad. Well I hope their kids find the Gospel some day when they are older.
 
Some crazy tracting experiences on during a blitz in the 4th ward. Elder Condiff and I were knocking for the blitz and had one of the craziest tracting hours ever. It's really not appropriate relating it back to anyone it was so crazy XD. Anyway one of those funny mission stories!
 
Well overall it was a pretty good week for a first week of the transfer. 5 more to go and we will find out if I stay or leave. I don't know what is going to happen they may combine the area again with 2nd ward even though they are both doing great because they have no other choice when the compliment of missionaries will be 16 or so less than it is right now. They will have to close 8 areas. However, we are going so good up here that they can't combine it right now. I wouldn't mind staying for at least another 2 transfers. 
 
We are going cave and mine exploring today. So I love you Mom and Dad, and I bid thee farewell just in case I die. JK I will be fine. 
 
On Mothers Day text me your skype ID so we can Skype.
 
 
Well got to get going Love you all!
 
-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment