Well today's P-day was
awesome. We didn't get back until a little while ago. We hiked up to
Mount Whitney a little bit. We went to Lone Pine Lake which is right on
the Mount Whitney Trail. It was about an hour hike, but we were booking
it. Ended up being one of the best hikes of my mission. It was a
Glacier lake, and super reflective. the whole thing was glass.
On the way back to Ridgecrest we stopped at Subway, I
got a Meatball Marinara with Peperoni, I inhaled it in about 2 seconds.
This week was really great. The M. Kids have Baptismal Dates for
the 27 of October. Their Dad should be ready to baptize them by that
date. Only thing is, I may not be here to see it. We picked up a new
member investigator. His name is My..., He's pretty legit and really
sincere. He's one that we may be able to set a date with this week or
next. Many of our investigators were really busy the past 2 weeks or
so. We are starting up meetings with the other M. again, and trying to get
A. ready too. Unfortunately we lost a baptismal date this week. We
had one with M. for the 1st of September, however he
totally lost interest for some reason, and he texted us that he was
finished. Don't know really what happened there, but we will see.
My back is still iffy. I'm taking really good care
of it all the way up until I go home. It's pretty frustrating because I
haven't been able to work out like I normally do, but maybe that's the
problem. Maybe my working out was part of the reason I injured my back
in the first place. I'll be doing lots of reading when I get back about
how to avoid crummy training, and how to have an ultimate back that wont
go out. Again as far as school goes...I don't know where I want to even go
with. My only goal is to get the minute bit of credit out of the way for
the associates thing. Then from there I may be able to go to better
places for what I am interested in.
I'm so glad you got the pictures Mom! Did you get the magnetic Name Tag I Sent with it too?
Time
seems to be slowing down in some places and speeding up in others. We
are already on week 4 of the transfer. After this only 2 more, and then
only 2 more
transfers. It's kinda sad how fast things go. I'll at least be glad to
get out of the Ridgecrest heat this next transfer. I'll miss this place
though. Lots of awesome Memories, and experiences.
Anyway!
Catch ya'll later!
-Elder Spencer Rickers











No comments:
Post a Comment