Well this week
was a flop in a lot of ways, however I don't mind so much because we did
really try our best. Every one canceled on us, and the New
"investigators" didn't keep their appointments, and we ended up not
teaching to much. Oh well better luck this week. I think we need to try a
new approach to lots of our investigators. We were not really able to
meet with any of our main investigators (M, A, and M) We
did help E move for about 7 hours or so. Yes, I probably should have
taken it a little more easy, or at least lifted things a little
smarter. Toward the end It was going great until I picked up a tall
thing that was light, but awkward--I turned around and moved in the wrong
way and it tweaked something in my back a little. So my pain isn't so
bad, but it's back more than it was. We have been asked to move
members two different times for 2 moves in both our wards this week. Unfortunately we
are going to have to turn them down.
We worked hard and didn't have much to show for it
this week, but right when we were leaving our second session of church
some one called out to us, "Hey Elders!" We were stopped by a Brother
in our ward who had his friend that he brought to church. We missed him
because his friend was dressed up just like a member would be. He
introduced us to M. who is really interested and agreed to meet 2
weeks from now. We hope things go well there :D We have better hopes for
this week. Matt will finally be back this week, and we are working on
getting member fellowshippers for our newer investigators.
I got the letters from you guys this week! It was
awesome to get letters from all of you:D It was a great pick me up. I
actually don't exactly know our new address, off the top of my head, but I can get that next week.
Sounds like you have had many summer adventures. I
for one am glad that the summer is going to be over soon--because there
has not been a day in the last 3 months where it's been under 100 degrees. It'll be nice when it returns to cooler weather.
Wow classes for school already? Yeah for the
winter semester I want to take the Prep math class and then the actual
one to finish up the Credit. As far as classes after that I have
no idea. I just want to finish up the professional associates degree,
graduate, get a job, then think what I want to do for the Bachelor
Degree thing, and
select classes when I can do more research in what I want to go into.
When I get back I'll be talking to lots of Physical Therapists, Sports
Trainers, Osteopaths, and Chiropractors to see what I want to do in that
direction. However, if there is a Rock Climbing Class, I'll take that
:D
But for me I need to pray and select what I want to work toward and get
everything done as soon and as fast as possible.
So as far as signing up for classes, I hope all of
my credits are still in there so I just have that one class to
concentrate on right away. But
yeah all I know is that I want to be in the Health Field in some way. I
have to choose the path that will have the greatest benefit for a long
time career, and something that will also Fit my Life purpose statement
and
Goals hahaha. Anyway I'm getting too excited--better stop. Lots of
experiences left in my life to shoot for. I just hope my back can return
to normal, and then I can work on getting it even better so I don't
ever have another back injury. I'm super out of shape now. Can hardly
even do 10 pull ups. It's hard not being able to get all my stress out
with a good work out :( I'm just doing my back exercises and
praying, Elease's move did a number on me, I'm going to decline any
moving service for the rest of my mission. Hope it's better by the time I
get back.
Dang tell Milly to take it easy. Back pain sucks and
I've discovered it's the worst injury ever!. I'd much rather break my
Collar bone because that heals a lot faster.
Anyway, I'll take it easy and heal up this week and next. See ya'll later!
-Elder Rickers
PS: I loved to hear about Ben getting launched! I can see it in my minds eye. I LOVE TUBING and Water!
PPS: Tell Jake Not to get Married until I get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment