Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

We found, we taught we set goals, It was great! 7/30/12

Hello, and Good Afternoon.

Well this week was a considerably better then last week. Mostly because we didn't spend all of it cleaning haha. We got some really good Missionary work in. We found, we taught we set goals, It was great.

We are over the second ward now, and we picked up some investigators from them. One investigator's name is M., He's a stud and he wants to learn more and be Baptized. He has a lot to learn but he helped us set a date for the 1st of September. We have some other people that we are working with that are really awesome too. We have E. B., who we are helping move this week. We had a really great lesson with her. We taught an atheist this week which is always fun. We knocked doors, and It seems like we are starting to get quite a few black investigators, which is awesome because there needs to be more color in the church haha, especial in Ridgecrest. 

As For my back pain it's getting a lot better slowly. Thank you so much Joe for praying for it to get better because it's working. I'm sitting here and it isn't uncomfortable. Hopefully I can have it all healed up by the time I go home, and by the time I go home, hopefully I can work out like I used to-- except this time smarter so I don't hurt my back. All I've been able to really do is some low intensity back exercises to strengthen my multifitus? or whatever it's called. 

Anyway,  life is pretty much great, and getting back to normal, well normal missionary life anyway. Yeah This week I've probably been the most trunky out of any part of my mission, but I won't let that stop me. Lots still to do. I was glad to hear that everyone is doing so great at home still. I hope it stays that way. We hope to find many more investigators this week. We have been having some drop off and not allot of progress, so we have to fix that and find some new people that are actually ready. I'm still praying to find that family that is ready for the gospel. We have probably one potential family that we can help this week. They were out of town but now they are back. The Father's name is M. He used to be an F 18 Pilot, He's awesome and really open right now. We haven't spoken to his wife quite yet though.

Anyway, Love you guys!

-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment