Hello Mom, Dad, Family and Friends,
This week
was super busy in a lot of ways. Unfortunately Elder Holm was sick with
something Tuesday, but it went away quickly and we had a good rest of
the week. We stayed busy even though a lot of our appointments canceled.
More of our investigators are dogging us :( we have a teaching pool
that its dying fast. This week we need to focus on bringing that back
up, and hopefully find some people that are interested. However D.
and E. progressed this week when they both went to church meetings.
That's a great sign. We were not able to meet with M. Or M., two
investigators that we thought would take off right away. I guess we just
need to be more patient with them. It was super muggy this week and
hot as usual. I have about 2 weeks left in Ridgecrest before I am most likely transferred to my last and final area. Don't know where I'll go,
but it will be nice to have one last fresh start before the end.
Update on the back, It's a little better, but siting
for 6 hours of church didn't help very much yesterday. I ordered and
read a book about backs and how to use correct posture to help the back
heal faster. I've discovered that the church benches and chairs are
horrible and do not facilitate correct sitting posture. It's actually
quite amazing this book. If you sit and stand and sleep like it tells
you, it really does feel alot more comfortable and it puts much less
strain on back muscles. At this point I still feel like a cripple-forever :( I'm praying I'll be able to go somewhere soon where I can get
some help from somebody that knows what they are doing when it comes to
healing backs. I hope I don't have something majorly wrong with my spine
like a slipped disc or something. If this goes on for much longer I'm
going to request some X-Rays or something.
Anyway enough about that. I'm not going to lie this
week was a super trunky week for me. I just hope I can keep things
together by the time I go. It hasn't stopped me from working hard, but
it's made working hard...harder--ha ha. Well, I suspect things will get
better soon. It's just hard some times, and it feels good to vent haha.
Thanks for the updates from home. Thanks Dad for sharing your experience
getting the generator running with a little help. I needed that. I
hope I can get some guidance on allot of things coming up here both with
investigators and getting my body working.
Anyway, good luck to yall.
No comments:
Post a Comment