Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

It was a feeling of overwhelming joy finally seeing them all at church


Hello Family

Well this week was the last week of the transfer. Other than having minimal teaching going on we actually had a very successful week when it came to getting people to church. We had D, our new investigator B, and S all go to church. We also had the whole A. Family. Which was Great!! It was a feeling of overwhelming joy finally seeing them all at church. 

Considering it was the last week of the transfer things didn't turn out too bad. These two past transfers have been some of the most challenging of my mission. It was hard training in a trio which kinda set us off to a bad start this past transfer. Also, I'm not getting transferred out of the zone, but I am being split between 3rd and 2nd ward. Elder Holm will be in 2nd and I will remain in the Ridgecrest 3rd ward. My greatest hope was that I would be able to have a new area and a fresh start to finish my mission, but I guess that's not what the Lord wanted. My back is still bothering me, and I feel like I can't move to my full capacity. I don't know who I'll be getting to be my new companion, but I'll find out this Thursday. We have a new transfer policy that requires everyone getting a new companion or being transferred to meet in a church building near the mission office to receive our assignment and our new companion. That will mean a long drive to Santa Clarita this week.


I guess on the bright side--I'm developing mental toughness not being able to have any release from stress in the usual way that I have in the past (working out). I don't know why I'm staying here, but I'm praying for a confirmation that It's the Lord's will and not some mistake:) We'll, I'll probably end up staying here for the rest of my mission I guess. I'll try and make the most of it. I'll need a lot of help and some heavy duty miracles soon, so please pray for me! 

Sorry for the negative letter, yeah things are kinda tough on and off here, but I am optimistic!

Well Happy Labor Day. Please stay safe and all until I get home. 

-Elder Rickers







Well Hanging in there

-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment