We just got back
from Lone Pine, and Mount Whitney. We didn't summit, but we went a good
portion of the way up to Lone Pine Lake Again. It was tough on the way
up one of the trucks in the group overheated (never buy a Chevy) and
they couldn't make it up the mountain road. Fortunately they found a good
temporary solution for everything and were able to make it back to
town and also to Ridgecrest. Nothing too new on the hike really. I've
done it before, except this time it's with different Elders in our zone.
It was good to get to know some of them more. I love being out in the
cool out doors. The temperature was great--about 61 the whole time. Lone
Pine Lake sits at about 9 1/2 thousand feet. I could feel a big
difference between there and the normal low California altitude.
This week was actually really great. We really
worked hard this week. I was dead tired every day and slept really well.
We are starting to do a new message with the members of the 3rd ward.
We are getting tons of referrals with this message. I wish we would have
thought of this 6 months ago. We have a Baptismal date with Shelby for
the 13th of October, the last day of the transfer. The dates for the
Meinert children will probably be pushed back unless we have a major
turn around with their family. They have not come to church yet, and
they need to make a serious habit of that if they want to stay active.
One new investigator this week. Her name is Ann.
She had a lot of miss understandings about the church when we taught
her, but after we talked with her for a while and explained, she was
impressed and she wants us to come back.
This week was actually probably the best in a long
time. I'm feeling the spirit strongly in our work, we are focused, we
have a plan, and my back is feeling AWESOME!! I was able to get up on
time every morning and work out.
Thanks Dad for the letter this week, It really touched me and kicked in some extra found will power.
I hope everything goes good moving and finishing up things. Love you guys, and see you in 2 months :D
-Love Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment