Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, October 8, 2012

Wasn't this weekend so exciting!

Dear Everyone!

Wasn't this weekend so exciting! Missionary numbers are going to skyrocket! There are 58,000 missionaries worldwide currently. I wouldn't be surprised if that goes up to 62,000 within the next 6 months. All MTC times are being reduced by 1/3 in anticipation for the increase in the number of missionaries serving.

This week was blessed, and really one of the best. We were blessed with another investigator that is super humble and awesome. S. is ready for baptism this coming Saturday. We have some more member referrals to try and gain, or contact. All of our investigators that we see regularly attended at least 1 session of conference.

Honestly the past 3 months have been some of the toughest of my mission, really trying. But I have learned a lot about what I need to become after the mission, and what I need to focus on doing in the last weeks of the mission.

Conference was a blast. I loved every single talk in the Priesthood session, and I really liked Elder Holland's talk and Elder Bednar's talk the Sunday sessions. There were so many other good ones too. I need to add all the talks to my MP3 somehow.

Well my back problems seem to be pretty much over. A little discomfort every now and then, but then I just do my exercises to fix it and everything's much better. Thank you everyone for all your prayers and encouragement--it felt like I'd be a cripple for life for a while there.

A little under 2 months left now. It's Zero Hour and I'm determined to make the most of it. I just hope I don't work Elder Park to death because he is going home soon too. We are determined to make our short few weeks the best!!

I know this gospel is true, there is no doubt about it.  

-Love

Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment