Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, November 26, 2012

There have been so many hard experiences, but so much has been learned through them

Dear Family,

These two years have been quite the experience. There are so many experiences I won't even know where to begin when giving my homecoming talk. There have been so many hard experiences, but so much has been learned through them. I finished my 3rd Journal this last Saturday on the 17th of November. The day I went into the MTC 2 years ago. So much has happened.

This last Friday was my last District meeting. It was hard to give the training that day. I couldn't stop the water works. That's when it hit me the hardest that next week I'd be having my departing interview. I'm not going to lie I'm excited to go home--being in an area this long is pretty tough. I've asked all of our active ward members now for referrals. Nothing much has changed. We did get some good potentials this week though. 

We had a service project out in Inyokern helping a member move to Missouri. They had some neighbors help that were super nice and said we could come by next week to share our message with them. With our current investigators, well, we haven't been able to meet with R. for more than a week now. He's always super busy with work. We should be seeing him tonight. We have just have had bad luck scheduling things with him. Last time we invited him to be baptized. He said he'd have to have his wife join him when he does, which really makes sense. 

H. and D. have been harder then we thought to get excited about the church. They are teenagers after all. They love us more then they love what we teach it seems. M., the investigator that we found and then moved to 1st ward, has a baptismal date. I hope the 1st ward elders have success there. 

I've knocked every street in the northern half of our area. It's generally the more humble side of the area. We will finish off a lot of the south side this week. There has got to be at least one person interested in the gospel in our area.

Packing up stuff. I still have my bike, It would be great to see Grandpa and send the bike and stuff home with him :D

Well I love you guys. Pray for me this last week, Things are tough right now.

Love

-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment