Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yes I am alive! and this is the first email from the field! It was odd because we usually email on Tuesday, but we were so busy with the temple trip (yes! I got to go to the LA temple) that we didn't have time to E mail.
I was able to finally get my blanket and pillow when we met with the mission President yesterday. I also got the Christmas package you guys sent me. Thanks a ton! Don't worry I haven't opened the wrapped package or the stocking, haha.
So far as mission life goes it's pretty awesome. But for some reason there is no sign of sunny California so far It's been raining for exactly 7 days now. When I got here it was pretty sunny but it started to rain a bit latter, and it's been raining ever since. It is supposed to clear up by Christmas though. My trainer and companion is Elder Jeffery, hes really good. We are booked the whole day and teach tons. We teach a lot of Less Active people right now, and also a good number of investigators. We just started getting a some pretty promising referrals that we have contacted too.
When I got off the plane President Martin and his wife where there to great us. The Mission president is a really great man. Very friendly and a great motivator, and easy to talk to.
I got a bunch of your letters, and I'm sorry I haven't had time to respond to them individually. I'll try my best though. It's good to here that My room has been taken care of by Milly and thanks for the updates on everything ells too.
My clavicle bone thing is doing great. I promised the doctor that I wouldn't do anything until February though. At least not Upper body XD other wise I might go crazy. I felt more overwhelmed than I did at the beginning of the week, and its getting better. I hope as I practice I will get better at teaching what people need to here.
To Elder Brownell
I am Loving Life! But not so much the weather right now haha. WOW training already! You Da Man, I can't imagine doing that right now, there is so much too learn, do, plan and plan, and call and plan. Good luck to you my friend! Keep In touch with Email I guess. I sent you a letter but I'm not sure it made it XD
Now the best part. Calling you guys for Christmas! I'll be able to call you guys at 3:00 cali time 4:00 your time. Skype is probably against the rules here, but ill see if for sure. So that's the 25 or this Saturday. I called at the airport and left a message, but don't know if you got that. My ATM card did not work as of the 15th.
By the way the family pictures came out really great! Every one is Beautiful. And thank you Antons, and every one else who sent cards and treats. I hope Grandpa Paul is doing better, You are in my prayers Grandpa. You can make it!
Got to go now, so Marry Christmas Every one, Thanks for everything!
PS: would like to know some more mailing addresses and stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment