Start of last week was really good. We kept really busy this week, our area is on fire right now. Even though we split the ward area and lost half our teaching pool we are quickly regaining everything. We picked up five new investigators this week, and had a couple of really good breakthrough lessons with some other investigators.
We finally got Connie Curtice to pray with us. That lesson was very powerful. We did it on the restoration and the first vision, and she really felt the spirit, and I think we really helped her recognize what it really was and what it means for her. She is still exited to learn more and we are going to work on getting her out to church this week. We thought we would have a breakthrough church attendance day this Sunday, but when the weather in California gets rainy and the temperature goes down to 50 degrees everyone seems to get sick. But it wasn't all bad, we did see one of our investigators that never comes at church for the first time in 3 months. But all the usual ones (Mike Price, Marie Larson etc...) were not there. Same goes for our recent converts Soasia and William, which where not there this week :( So besides church attendance, this week was pretty good. Had a lot of cool experiences knocking and finding people.
Yesterday we were going to this new potential that we got that is pretty much golden. She called us and set the appointment up for Saturday, and then she called again and set it up for Sunday. So we were pretty exited because most of the time we set up appointments with potentials and investigators. So after church we go to her house at four like she told us, but she wasn't there and it was lucky she wasn't, because if she had been there we wouldn't have ran into a guy named Roland. Roland was legit, he is from Nigeria, and he is super prepared to here the gospel. He doesn't live in our area though. He told us a lot about how god has helped him in his life, and pretty much everything he believes already is what we teach. He’s a contractor or engineer or something, but we gave him a Book or Mormon, and he is really interested in reading. He doesn't live in our area though, so somewhere down the line he will get baptized by some one.
Had interviews with the president this week too. Sounds like from what he told my Comp and Me that I’ll be staying in this area for another transfer, and Elder Jeffery will be going back to Spanish. I just hope my next comp will be as hard working as Elder Jeffery. I don't want to have to get on some one's case all the time, because contention always drives away the spirit, and I'm super new and I still don't have too much say over where to go or what to do. I am confident thought that the spirit will guide me.
Last P-day was a blast. Played ultimate Frisbee at the park, and today we are supposed to be having a huge indoor Nerf war at some of the churches. I've begun to be able to work out, and I bought a pull up bar. Also I will probably be buying a bike soon, because I found a really good deal on a bike that a fellow missionary is selling. Thought I would snag it now in case I need it later, but we will see. I discovered I can still do most of my flips n tricks too. I've been doing them all except b-twist, haven't tried that yet.
Remember, for now on Email will be on Mondays. So if you Email me on Monday I probably will not get it, unless you do it before 9:00 am.
OK, well this week was awesome, one of the best weeks in a while, and yeah. It’s all good down here in sunny California where it hasn't been sunny for the past few days. But it's a nice break from 80-90 degree weather.
Till next time,
ELDER RICKERS!
PS: love you all!
Elder Spencer Rickers
Monday, February 21, 2011
It’s all good down here in sunny California
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment