Dear Mother, Dad, and Family
Thanks for all your support and your awesome letters that I got this week. Yes Dad I did get your package it was really delicious and that tie is supper cool, and it means a lot to me that you would send that. I also love the poems you are sending, I haven't had time to memorize any of them yet, but I want to memorize a couple of them. My goal of memorizing 150 scriptures is not going to well. I had about 18 memorized last month but haven't reviewed them at all this month and part of the last week of last month. So I need to start that up again. My goal of becoming more confident while teaching, and being bold with people are coming along nicely though. I have really grown my testimony, and I am learning to love and connect with people.
Since Thursday we have done a bunch. We met with a lot of potential investigators, and set up appointments with them. We also met with Najjemba again, and she really wanted to go to church this weak but she got called in to work. She was a RN in her country/ in Europe but she is can only CNA over here, so she works like 3 CNA jobs or something crazy like that. So It's hard to get appointments and hard to get her to church.
Met with Connie as well, and she is progressing. She says that all that we have taught so far she knows is true, but she feels like she is "not worthy" to come to church. So our focus for her is to get her to church! She has a lot to work though but she has a lot of potential.
Taught a crazy person this week too. He was one of our potentials that we have been trying to get a date with to teach, but it turns out he is crazier than we already knew. That was a weird lesson. At the end he accused me of having the devil in my eyes. He’s like "Oh bro, you had like the devil in your eyes and they were all sunken. But I didn't want to say anything." When in actuality My eyes where red for having dry eyes and contacts, along with the freaking pollen outside. We learned that he’s pretty much a crazy that has a huge rap sheet, and he’s had mega anger issues in the past and has been in prison allot. He goes to like 5 churches now though, and has "turned to god" he is just super weird.
Inoke Sons are doing very well still. They started school, and they are playing rugby for a collage now and have English classes and some others that they really need. On Saturday we did a booth for a couple hours. We handed out hundreds of cards, and about 12 copies of the Book or Mormon, and a set appointment to go and teach some one that really wants to hear the gospel and for her children to hear it as well. It was really fun interacting with hundreds of people passing out all the stuff I could. We are probably going to do that every Saturday if we can. We had about 10 missionaries out. But we want even more next time.
That’s awesome that you guys are starting missionary month! Every Month is Missionary month for me.
Ok Vitamins. Now it would be nice to have some since my options of nutrition are kinda limited out here. I never really have time to make something healthy because we are always on the go. And the members hardly ever feed us healthy food. Really good food most of the time, but not healthy. Either really good food, or lasagna. We eat so much lasagna I think I'm going to be sick. Well really not that much, but we get it more than anything else. Some nights we don't have dinner though :( rather unhealthy lasagna stuff than no dinner at all. But we are able to usually eat all 3 meals. Breakfasts are my favorite meal of the day, because I always make them as healthy as possible. Lots of fruit and killer oatmeal, with some organic brown eggs with delicious hot sauce, and wheat germ in apple sauce.
Ok, I think more important than Vitamins right now would be a really good joint supplement. My ankle and my knee hurts some times, but it’s not too bad. Something with Hyaluronic Acid in it, that is supposed to be the new good thing for joints. I know good earth had something like that. But as far as Vitamins I hear that liquid vitamins are pretty good, but I really don't know anymore and I cant really remember. Something that lasts a while but that is supposed to work with maintaining energy levels. But something for the joints would be more beneficial I think maybe (Hyaluronic Acid Supplement probably found online for cheaper).
Love you all! I am sending my memory card back very soon in a padded envelope thing, with also hopefully individual letters to Ben, Joe, Milli, and Sariah.
Elder Spencer Rickers
Monday, February 14, 2011
"Oh bro, you had like the devil in your eyes..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment