Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Marie Larson set a baptismal date

Dear Mother and Family + Friends


Wow what a week. Sorry we were so busy that we couldn't email on Tuesday. Yet we still were not able to contact a lot of people, but we did do lots of service and helping people move and such. I also do not have much time on the computer right now.

Well we will start with investigators. Najjemba, the lady from Africa that we teach, is getting better. We actually have an appointment for her today at 5:00. I extended a baptismal invitation and she wants to get baptized eventually, but she says she wants to take it slow.
We are having a allot of progress with Marie Larson. We set a baptismal date with her on the 20th of March after an awesome lesson. She said she had questions that were holding her back a little bit, but were answered perfectly just by us being guided to read 3rd NE 11 with her.
Mike is still pushing for the 20th of this month, and he is probably going to make it. He has his legal issues almost worked out and is worthy of baptism, and has grown his faith in Christ a ton.
With Connie we also had success there. She is still very interested in learning what the Church has to say, and she says if she is going to commit to something then she has to know for sure. She will probably get baptized some day, but she does have some major issues to work through (even after she has a strong faith) smoking and maybe illicit drugs and such.

Still working with the Matanyans and the Bivins Family. Hope we can get them out to church this week. Also working with a long time investigator (eternigator) Sis. Boddy as we call her. She is from the Philippines (looks 30 but she is 52) and is married to a Less Active member. Nothing much I can say here. She accepts the Book of Mormon as scripture but its hard for her to let go of her Catholic tradition and be baptized. She just needs to hurry up and have some one baptize her. She also needs to come to church.

We have some other investigators that are hard to get a hold of but were progressing at one point. Alyssa, Andrea, and April. April is the most promising but she is hard to get a hold of. The other two are pretty new investigators, only have met with them 2 times, but we have times for next week. April has to get married to be baptized and come to church, and strengthen her testimony.

The Inoke brothers are doing well. They are working toward the priesthood now, and they have also enrolled in a local collage. They have only been in the USA for 3-4 months now and we have been teaching them for a little over 2 of those. They are great guys.

Things have been going really good. We had a great Fast Sunday, and some cool things happened that day that I don't have time to write here, but ask me about them when I get back or something. I have them in my journal.

Mom it’s awesome that you and Dad have concealed weapons permits now haha! Yeah make sure you learn how to use them really good first. As far as supplies I am pretty good. You can always send me a pair of socks every couple months. Seems like a pair, or half a pair, go missing every month or two. Also I am running low on peppermint essential oil, Marry Kay salicylic acid formula, and I will probably need more wheat germ by end of next month (not this month XD). Other than that I am petty good. We helped some one move and I got a bunch of Cod Liver oil and this fiber stuff that is pretty good. Sorry I haven't sent my mem card back yet, I'll work on that.

Oh I did get that package you sent by Fed Ex but it’s at the post office still. I'm going to pick it up after this. They tried to deliver it 3 times but we were out, so they should have it at the Fed Ex office. Thanks for the goodies!

So Peppermint essential oil, MK acid stuff, vitamins (If you want, nothing that breaks the bank but at the same time good XD), and pair of socks ever so oft. My address may be changing the 7th of March so wheat germ next month.

Oh this week I was able to practice my Side flips and Standing back flips. Wow they are horrible after 3 months of not doing anything. I did land all of them though. Can’t wait for Monday when I can officially according to the doctor do exercises and stuff. after Monday it will be about 12 weeks since the break, Crazy isn't it.

Well thanks for everything and till next time.

-Elder Spencer Rickers

PS: We can only Email on Monday after the 1st of March. So I will be emailing on Mondays for probably the rest of my mission. Probably pretty early in the morning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment