Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Wow I am really hungry...

Dear Mother and Family
This week has been pretty busy for the most part. My comp had to go to a leadership conference Tuesday and Thursday. So those days I went With Elder Burbage, and Elder Cottle. It was pretty fun but not the fastest because they don't have their truck any more, so they just walk everywhere. After walking 5 miles from the top of this canyon neighborhood we decided to stop and try this vitamins restaurant. It was not worth it, I don't like taking chances on things like that when I am really hungry.
I was only on exchanges for part of the day so afterward we went to a dinner with the new family we found, Noey and Cynthia Rodriguez It went pretty good. We are going over to their house again tonight with a member. Hope it goes well.
Wednesday was pretty sweet when I went on exchanges again. We walked over to brother Webb's house to do service for him, and on the way we balanced on this big huge rail that goes over the bridge all the way across. It was pretty cool spending the day With Elder Burbage and Cottle. Elder Burbage is crazy and awesome and really funny guy. After that it was more people dodging out on appointments.
Friday was pretty cool. We got to go to the temple on Friday, and it was a nice break from the world. However I barely got any food that day and I was pretty miserable and hated everything until about 4 when we got back and I could finally EAT something and calm down.
The best thing that happened this week is that we found this new family that might lead us to having 7 new people to teach next week. We found them when we were trying to find people home. They were playing basket ball with their new hoop that they installed on their driveway that afternoon, and we asked if we could join in. It was pretty fun and we pretty much set up when to come back and teach their whole family. Hopefully stuff actually happens this week.
It was a great shocker this Sunday when we found out after sacrament meeting that our bishops wife had past away that morning. He was not there in sacrament meeting. He left to go home in the middle of his early morning meetings and found his wife's body still warm. He tried to perform CPR but it was too late. We are not sure why she died, but she had some chronic health conditions and had been sick for the past while. It was really sad, make sure you guys pray for Bishop Stratton.
Sure you can send some of those extra BOMs you got. Sounds like you guys are doing really good. Sariah, and every one else sound like they are finishing strong this school year.

We had Interviews with Pres this week, and It sounds like I might be senior Companion next transfer. Kind of excited and kind of nervous, because I have allot to learn still. But having more responsibility will help me learn faster maybe. Wow I am really hungry right now. Seems that way almost all week some times. It's probably from riding in the sun all day.
Hey I love you guys, keep on keeping on. So tired and hungry right now. Probably going to shop right after this. Sorry my e-mails are pretty lame, I'll try to write a letter or two today or something. P day has been really limited now that we don't have the truck :( ah well.
Well Love you , Till next P-day.
Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment