Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

6/20/11

Dear Family, and Friends,

Well let me tell you all about my week first. Umm, We had a good lesson with Sister C., the spirit was really strong. We should finally be able to get a baptismal date this Tuesday, and if not, really soon. Taught a good lesson with Daisy, Noe, and Jocelyn too. But they didn't end up coming to church this week. We had lots set up for this week, but allot fell through, however we still ended up getting allot of stuff done anyway.

It's starting to get pretty hot out here. Got up to 95 and stayed at about 90 ish the whole week except Friday. I snapped a couple weeks ago and finally got a camel back that I can carry all my stuff in, and so I have plenty of water.

It's pretty stressful some times now that I am pretty much making everything happen. Not all the time, but it seems like it some times. But I've learned allot this week, and I am starting to realize now how much the Lord really helps his missionaries out. I am not very good at planning yet, but I find that even though I might not write down the the correct people to go by at the right time, we usually end up going to the people that we were supposed to anyhow:)

I think as long as we keep trying our best the Lord will make all the rest happen. Our area/zone isn't exactly the highest baptizing (like last year) but I find that our area is one of the ones that has the most going for it. I just hope I can do my best here, and hopefully make my best better.

Thanks for praying for me guys, it's helped. Some of our investigators like Shay, and his Mom, Marta, and a couple of others have been really hard to get hold of recently. Hope we can get in contact with them soon. We still have good stuff happening though, just hope I can get used to this senior comp thing, Hopefully we can make it a more equal companionship work wise. But it's all good, I think I needed this in the first place. Hopefully within the next 6 months I'll get the hang of being the one leading haha.

I have one other problem too. I've only had 2 other companions, and they always would stay out all day and try to get things done, but I find if I push my comp to do this he's just not used to it. So I think now he's pretty unhappy with me for pushing this hard. I don't know maybe I'm blowing everything up, but yeah. I think hes a nice guy though, We get along.

Well I'm glad you guys are having a great time. Yeah, I've decided that from this point on after my mission, I will spend as little time as possible with media, movies, TV shows and all. I really just don't care about that stuff any more, still like music though, that's like the only thing I miss (besides being able to go to the Parkour gym). But I still have all the appropriate tunes that you guys sent me last Christmas. Instead, I plan to spend my free time reading interesting books, learning how to play some kind of instrument, and of course everything to do with training Parkour, and working. But for now its all about the work here. I really am having the time of my life, I think as the months go on it gets better and better, But I can't believe its going this fast, already 7 months. XD

That's awesome to hear where every one is going. I haven't heard to much about Drake. Is he already at the MTC? I need to get his mission E-mail and address. Haha I'm so bad about writing letters back to people. Still haven't replied to allot of them sorry about that if any of you read this.

Well I was pretty happily fed this week, Too much ice cream though. Must of been force fed a pound of it after every dinner this week. I'm quitting ice cream in about 18 months.

Well love you all! Till next P-day

-Elder Spencer Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment