6/6/11
Dear Mother, Father, Family, and Friends
This week went by faster than any one yet. Shiz (Elder Kershisnik) is dead, but the work moves forward. This week was kind of tougher than last week as far as actually finding people home, and pretty crazy because of the transfer between companions who know what they are doing and who don't. However, we have an awesome jam packed week planned for this next coming week. I have a lot of goals for this transfer that I have to get on paper still, but I hope my comp and I do well.
My new comp is pretty chill and all and easy to get along with. Maybe a little too chill most of the time, but that is one of my goals for this transfer, to some how light us both up in an explosion of awesomeness. My first goal is to start waking up at 6:00 am so I can actually get everything done I need to in the morning. I've had that goal all last transfer, and about 30% of the days I am able to wake up 30 min early. My last comp was overpowering some times when it came to teaching lessons, so I think I'll be able to flow better with Newey. But all is well--I liked Shiz in the end, and Newey seems pretty cool.
I know I will learn allot this transfer being senior comp. My new comp. has actually been out 13 months, but because I know the area I'm senior I guess. I'm not sure if he's been senior comp before though, I don't know. He is older so he does have a lot of experience that I don't so he has some good insight. Only thing is that he is way quieter than even I am. Not really a bad thing, but I'd appreciate keeping the small talk going at member's houses to make it less awkward some times. We will do good though, I just need to practice my teaching, or rather explaining, I try and make everything too complicated. I had an epiphany that I need to make my teaching as simple and plain as possible. Plain, simple, and concise brings the spirit too, which is the greatest teacher of all.
I have felt the spirit guide me as senior comp though, and being the one to make decisions on who to see and when. I also feel renewed desire to be as diligent as possible. I love missionary work, and every part of it. Finding, planning, teaching, and sometimes actually baptizing, which I have not done personally yet but who knows maybe some day. Daisy, and Noe, are on fire this week. They were able to go to the youth trek and they had a really awesome experience there and made friends from our ward. They and sister C. our our biggest prospects now. Oh, and our bishop is doing super well, hes amazing. Bishop Stratton has one of the strongest testimonys ever, and he's doing amazing. I just hope he doesn't crash.
Everything is so great here, except I am out of Protein. I let Elder Kershisnik borrow allot, and now I'm out haha. Vanilla is the best :D Next week I will be doing email from the Public Library computers, and I will be able to send pictures from those maybe, because it won't take an extra 30 min to upload.
Well got to go. We are going on another hike for P-day, and the sister missionaries are waiting to get on the computers.
Love all you guys. So glad to hear the news about home from you guys this week. Congratulations Sariah for the graduation! Good luck on your trip and be careful in far away lands. Good luck in Florida and on all your trips Dad! Wish I could come with Ben and Joe too, but I am needed here haha.
Till next week
Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment