Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Dear Family

Lots happened this week, but I am so tired from everything, lucky its a pretty Chill P-day because I think everyone else is exhausted too. But I find that I have found renewed energy for missionary work and where my motivations are. My Comp is a great guy, really chill, but maybe a little too chill. Maybe just along for the ride, but that's ok. I need this experience to learn how to have internal motivation to do what is right.

Thanks for sending all the goodies, and the wheat germ haha, everyone here thinks I am crazy for having 10 lbs of raw organic wheat germ stored in the freezer. I am going to start using it again, I have been breaking out a lot more lately without it, but it could be due to the extra stress I have of taking over an area for the first time.

Sounds like you guys are really busy all over the world now haha. Sounds like fun. those are some rather large fish you guys caught in Florida. A member here gave us some fresh home canned tuna, and it was so good you didn't even have to put anything on it. The Van D's are really nice people but it's been hard to meet with them recently because of their crazy summer schedule. We have some good things happening over here though.

We are teaching Daisy, Noe, and Jocelyn all part of the Galvez family. Their parents are being taught in spanish while the kids are in english. They have already been to church 4 weeks in a row now, its pretty great. They were handed off to us by the sisters about 2-3 weeks ago. Some one that Elder Kershisnik and I found and started teaching and then latter handed off to the singles ward got baptized yesterday. Joe Dubbs is his name, I think he might even think about serving a mission. He's a really good guy, and it's really cool how he gained his testimony.

Crazy Chris who is the alcoholic depressed guy kicked us out of his house the other day and said never to come back. It's ok though because he has done that to every set of missionaries at least once. We will probably check up on him maybe next week if we get the time. Rita another investigator who is an old lady dropped us. She got offended because we set up a ride to church for her but the member never showed up :( She was still nice to us though, but she wants nothing to do with any one in the church--at least until this fall she says. However we did pick up two more investigators this week, to replace the two we lost. We got Christian who is Danny's brother (another recent investigator himself) and this guy named Gregory, whose pretty open to listening, and he said he's looking for a religion, haha we might end up passing him off to the singles ward though.

I've never had a problem waking up on time until this transfer, but his week its all changing, seems like everyone else in the pad is going through the same thing haha. Well, this week its all changing. I need to have my work outs! I think part of it is I haven't had my regular breakfast protein shake to look forward to either :( ah well that will all change. I think I might make a poster at walmart one of these P-days with people doing like Planche Parkour and crazy strength things to motivate me to become like that--haha. anyway till next P-day.

-Elder Spencer Rickers

PS: I built the Parelellets last P-day. they are great. :D

PPS: This week really was awesome, learned allot about myself, now I just need to apply what I have learned :P

No comments:

Post a Comment