Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Daisy is now baptized...I'm getting transfered to Valencia

Good Morning Mother, Father, Family and Friends

Well, I'm finally getting transferred! Can't believe its already been 6 months in just this area. Well I'm almost packed and I'm heading out of here at 12:00. I'm going to the Valencia 3rd ward in Valencia which is about 20 min away, just one stake over. I'm companions with Elder J, and I am his second companion or "Step Father." He's been out about 3 months or so, and I hear he's pretty awesome. Oh and I guess I'm also District leader in that district, which means I'll be stressing out about trainings on Friday, and thinking of ways to help them be a team I guess.

Daisy is now baptized. The dunking yesterday was superb. It was one of the most spiritual baptisms ever. Lots of non members including her whole family were there. Her parents are really supportive, and now I think they are a little more interested. Some of her friends that were there may be interested as well Raye and Lonny. Oh, and thank you for sending the card for Daisy. She really liked it. Daisy also bore her testimony after the baptism to everyone, and that was the most touching part, it was so awesome. It was especially cool having the privilege to baptize her as well, that was a really special experience for me.

I also got to go with Elder F. this week on exchanges, and so that was a really fun, productive, awesome, happy day. We found lots of potentials, to bad I'm leaving. Funny story. So Elder F, at lunch tells about how he talked to this crazy supposed member. He came in looking for the Bishop while they where having a meeting with their ward mission leader at the church. He wasn't there so elder F. goes outside and talks with him to see if he can help. Well they start talking, and the guys like "Oh, yeah recently I'm homeless, and I've been seeing some weird stuff lately" and he goes on to tell him about all the Aliens, and UFO's he's been seeing all over the place, claiming he has the sightings on camera. So he shows Elder F. all this stuff on his camera, Elder F. is a really energetic person, and is really friendly, so he was all going along with it like "Oh yeah, there's definitely something there (LOLOLOLOL XD)". Well so he tells me about this crazy guy on Tuesday, and then the very next day we run into him, right when a member is dropping us off some pizza (lucky for the member). Can't believe we ran into him too, and he talked about the exact same stuff. It took everything not to bust up in front of him. He showed us his video of "Aliens", it was all very entertaining hearing how he was abducted 7 times and what not.

Well we set another baptismal date for an investigator on Saturday. Her name is Naz and she is from Persia. Hope the missionaries here do good with that and everything else that is being left too. Oh yeah, and Sister C's confirmation went beautifully as well. Well that's pretty much it for this week that I can remember. Thanks for the T-shirt from Florida! All that was awesome. And thanks again Mom and Dad for always being there for me with advice and encouragement.

'Till next week

-Elder Rickers

PS: I'll send a letter from my new address today

No comments:

Post a Comment