Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sister Cuthbertson will be baptized this week, along with Mike Price!

Hello! Happy P-day, Family and those that read:

Well this week, all I can say is that I am over my strained leg muscles, and Sister Cuthbertson will be baptized this week, along with Mike Price who we found in my first area! So that's exiting. I've seen a pretty big change in attitude in Evan Cuthbertson since we started teaching her in April, Elder Kershisnick and I. Mike Price is awesome! So glad he is finally able to be baptized.

It looks like I will be moving for sure sometime this transfer, WOO YEAH exciting! I love Canyon Country, but 6 months in any area is a pretty long time. I can either go back to the Valley or to the Dessert from here, Or even over in the next zone over the hill, to Valencia, (hope not though.) We were not able to see Daisy and the rest of the Galvez kids this week, but we did manage to see David Rogers again, and we got a member referral, Her name is Naz, and she is from Persia. And I did manage to get a lot of extra studying in too. I'm almost done with the 4 Gospels in the New Testament, and a little over a 1/3 of the way through "Jesus the Christ". But it's alright, I've learned a lot about how better to deal with different sorts of people on the mission, especially with companions, and I still love doing missionary work, its the best thing ever when we get to go out and teach, and find, and everything. I've resolved to just love my companions no matter what for the rest of my mission.

Woo yeah, Sariah passed her CNA exam and got a promotion at work, and I can't believe she's turning 18 this year too. I'm so proud of you my Big little sister!

So Dad, and Mom, How was the big presentation and stuff you guys did together last week? Florida with a beach sounds really good! We are cooking over here in California, It's been over 100 almost every day this week in abnormally high humidity. At least in Florida you get the nice ocean breeze if you are close to the shore.

Well, dang. It just hit me yesterday how short the mission really is, I'm getting closer and closer to the big year mark November 17th. It's been quite the experience so far, and definitely a refiners fire, especially over the last 3 months. Sorry I haven't sent pictures in a while, I'll try and get a CD and send one in the envelopes you guys sent. It's a little safer than sending the whole card.

Thanks for all the news from everyone! My prayers are with you all, and especially Grandma Sielaff , and Grandpa Paul for their health.

Well love you all, and God be with you!

-Elder Spencer Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment