Good Morning Family and Everyone.
Well It was a grand day yesterday. Yvonne's Baptism was a success, and a very good one. She was really ready too. Not only that, but Mike's baptism was really good too. Mike finally got baptized in Van Nuys 1st, and I did get to go to it. He was actually the First Investigator that I met and taught on my mission. It's so wonderful to see all these people take the name of Christ upon them, and become new people.
But, there is even more good news. Daisy, who we have been working with a lot, wants to be baptized on the 21st! I'm happier than ever for her! I think it was a really spiritual day for her yesterday too. We had a great stake conference with a lot of super awesome talks. And she came to Yvonne's baptism as well, which was a particularly good baptism. She is genuinely excited for her baptism this Sunday too, although still a little nervous, but who wouldn't be. We talked to her parents last night, and they are totally fine with it. I love her Mom and Dad. They are so nice to us. Her family seems like they will follow her eventually. They would all make awesome Latter Day Saints. They just have to gain that testimony and be willing to follow up with the commitment. Missionaries will still visit them for a while probably, because now with Daisy wanting to be baptized it will make the family a "Part Member" family, which usually have really good rates of everyone in the family being baptized eventually.
Make sure every one prays for Daisy this week though. Hopefully It's smooth riding till this Sunday, but it seems that some times hard things pop up when people want to get baptized. Pray that she will be able to make it though them if things do get a little bumpy. I'm really confident in her, and I know that she will be baptized. Nothing can stand in the way of the Lord, and I know that he will give her great strength. Oh one more thing--she also wants me to baptize her. I haven't personally baptized any one yet, but I have confirmed. It will be awesome to finally break out my whites. Funny thing is that I can distinctly remember a dream I had about a week ago where I was cutting up and burning my baptismal whites because I wouldn't need them on my mission. Some times its good that dreams don't come true, haha.
Wow that's awesome that so many are leaving on their missions so soon. So Elder Brownell is in his last 6 months by now, and I will be out about 10 months at the end of this transfer. Time flies when you are having fun, and time is at warp speed when your on a mission. It still seems slow some days though--especially when everything falls through:)
Well Sariah, good luck with your apartment and moving out. Hope everything goes well in school. And good luck tonight too with the boat, and be safe! Don't go on the water if there is lightning. Well, looks like I might have a new bishop, and a new stake president then to report to when I get back. That will be sorta weird.
Best of luck to those that are leaving for the mission and especially Drake since he is leaving really soon! I will definitely shoot him an Email--welcoming him to the MTC, haha. Oh yeah, all the goods arrived safely here last Monday actually. Thanks a ton for all that, it was much needed :) Well next Monday I'll know where I'm going, and I'll let you know how awesome Daisy's Baptism went. Can't wait!
Well 'Till Transfer P-day.
-Elder Spencer Rickers.
Well It was a grand day yesterday. Yvonne's Baptism was a success, and a very good one. She was really ready too. Not only that, but Mike's baptism was really good too. Mike finally got baptized in Van Nuys 1st, and I did get to go to it. He was actually the First Investigator that I met and taught on my mission. It's so wonderful to see all these people take the name of Christ upon them, and become new people.
But, there is even more good news. Daisy, who we have been working with a lot, wants to be baptized on the 21st! I'm happier than ever for her! I think it was a really spiritual day for her yesterday too. We had a great stake conference with a lot of super awesome talks. And she came to Yvonne's baptism as well, which was a particularly good baptism. She is genuinely excited for her baptism this Sunday too, although still a little nervous, but who wouldn't be. We talked to her parents last night, and they are totally fine with it. I love her Mom and Dad. They are so nice to us. Her family seems like they will follow her eventually. They would all make awesome Latter Day Saints. They just have to gain that testimony and be willing to follow up with the commitment. Missionaries will still visit them for a while probably, because now with Daisy wanting to be baptized it will make the family a "Part Member" family, which usually have really good rates of everyone in the family being baptized eventually.
Make sure every one prays for Daisy this week though. Hopefully It's smooth riding till this Sunday, but it seems that some times hard things pop up when people want to get baptized. Pray that she will be able to make it though them if things do get a little bumpy. I'm really confident in her, and I know that she will be baptized. Nothing can stand in the way of the Lord, and I know that he will give her great strength. Oh one more thing--she also wants me to baptize her. I haven't personally baptized any one yet, but I have confirmed. It will be awesome to finally break out my whites. Funny thing is that I can distinctly remember a dream I had about a week ago where I was cutting up and burning my baptismal whites because I wouldn't need them on my mission. Some times its good that dreams don't come true, haha.
Wow that's awesome that so many are leaving on their missions so soon. So Elder Brownell is in his last 6 months by now, and I will be out about 10 months at the end of this transfer. Time flies when you are having fun, and time is at warp speed when your on a mission. It still seems slow some days though--especially when everything falls through:)
Well Sariah, good luck with your apartment and moving out. Hope everything goes well in school. And good luck tonight too with the boat, and be safe! Don't go on the water if there is lightning. Well, looks like I might have a new bishop, and a new stake president then to report to when I get back. That will be sorta weird.
Best of luck to those that are leaving for the mission and especially Drake since he is leaving really soon! I will definitely shoot him an Email--welcoming him to the MTC, haha. Oh yeah, all the goods arrived safely here last Monday actually. Thanks a ton for all that, it was much needed :) Well next Monday I'll know where I'm going, and I'll let you know how awesome Daisy's Baptism went. Can't wait!
Well 'Till Transfer P-day.
-Elder Spencer Rickers.
No comments:
Post a Comment