Happy Birthday MILLIE AND MOM!!!!
Hello Dear Family and Friends
Today I am typing from an ultra slow computer, so bare with me.
So, happy day, I am transferred, Daisy is doing well and was confirmed yesterday, and my new companion is way legit. Elder Scott Johnson Jr. is da best. He is from Spokane Washington, and the wee lad has been out for about 3 months. This means that I am his second companion, or otherwise known in this mission as his "Step Father", because the first comp one has is his Father. We share similar interests, except I won't be able to teach him flips :( because before his mission he actually broke his ankle at one of those trampoline gyms like Jump On It. He did a Back flip off of one of the wall trampolines, landed on the padded divider the wrong way and broke his ankle. He did it right before he was about to go into the MTC too. So that delayed him 5 months. That's way worse than breaking a collar bone. XD So he is finally out, but won't be able to do many flips 'till after his mission, just to be safe. Moral of this story is, never go to Jump On It if you like to flip. All that happens is that you get carried away and hurt yourself. Parkour/Gymnastic gyms are much safer.
My Ward mission leader Josh Lechey drove me over here to Valencia. He took me out to lunch too, which was nice. It was sad leaving good 'ol Canyon Country. Everything here in Valencia is all hoity toity and rich. The ward is pretty cool, and actually a little bigger than CC2. We have just as many or more hills to cover on our bikes, but I don't mind. I love being totally wiped out at the end of the day.
This week was pretty tough weather wise, and work wise for that matter. It was humid and over 102 all week. Got up to 108 one day, It was murder. That was Thursday I think, because Friday, Jr. and I woke up and we could hardly function. We tried drinking as many liquids as we could, but we were fried. So after district meeting we got back and collapsed until about 4. I didn't even have a choice, I couldn't move to save my life. This whole week we have been biking and biking and biking. It's a good change from being in the apartment all day though, the work was delicious, even though it seemed like we accomplished little.
Previous to me coming here they baptized all of their progressing investigators, so our teaching pool is down to 0. However they did a massive zone Blitz on the area and found about 18 contacts. We were able to contact about 6 this whole week, every one else was gone. Out of the 6 only about 2 are still interested, but we were not able to get return appointments or teach lessons. Our best potentials right now are from two part member families that want to come back and their kids are not baptized yet. We are going to try and get appointments with them this week. I'm way excited to take over the area and get everything rolling again. V3 has been a hot spot for success in the past because of it's awesome members that are willing to help out a lot. This Fast Sunday fast for us to be able to find those elect who will accept the gospel, and let us deliver it to them. We will do the same.
Tomorrow I will be going to a leadership conference to learn how to become a better leader. Oh, by the way, the training I gave on Friday went pretty well. Not bad for a first. The district is pretty cool. There is Elder Morie and Elder Nelson, Sister Brown and Sister Bahum, And Elder Scott Johnson Jr. and I. There are also the Assistants to the President in our District. Elder Smith and Elder Rodriguez. However the APs hardly show for District meeting. It'll be a learning experience, but it'll be fun. We have an awesome district.
Oh yeah send some of the Chili Mix. I'll use it at some point soon. I've been experimenting with new ways to flavor my brown rice. It'll go good on some of that, and the pasta I haven't eaten yet. Oh some bad news. There are like no stores over here in Hoity Toity Valencia that have "low" prices. It's all more expensive :( It's alright though. I've been doing pretty good with managing my money this month on my card. Oh, and maybe a good face wash from Elizabeth too at some point. I've been going with out one for a bit now. I'm still good on the wheat germ, It works when I am consistent with it. But I have to find new ways to mask the flavor that I am so, so, so sick of now. Thinking about mixing it with cranberry juice and lemon concentrate in the blender. That should do it.
Happy Birthday again. I sent a Card today. (dropped Off in the box). Hope it gets there soon.
Till next P-day
Elder Rickers.
No comments:
Post a Comment