Dear Family and Friends, I love you all!
Well this week was super interesting. You see, lots of things happened. My new companion and I Elder Holm are working hard trying to find people. it was a really slow week compared to the last 2 transfers (well, when Elder Stephens wasn't sick). In the summer everyone must leave Ridgecrest and go out of town or something, but I don't blame them. There is hardly a day here when it doesn't get below 103 degrees. Just so hot all the time.
The work is still good, we are doing our best here. We had a temple trip that basicly cut 2 days of work out of the week. We went down tuesday night to Palmdale, and spent the night at another missionaries pad, Elder Holm and I got to camp out on the trampoline that was in their yard, it was super fun; didn't get any sleep at all. Then we drove the rest of the way to LA the next morning early to the Temple. It was a good session, but it was super hard to stay focused. I had so little sleep the night before.
We did lots of trackting this week, really only found one potential investigator, however we did get to talk to most of our investigators.
One new development is that we are taking over a new area. Elder Salsbury got emergency transferred to Burbank to replace Elder Hooth who was sent home again, this time for an Injury. So not only did we get another area, but we also got another companion. We are in a trio with Elder Barker now. He's pretty cool, he's also a young pup. It feels like these past 2 weeks have gone by way to fast. We are getting a new mission president this Friday. We have a departing training from President Martin, and then next week we have zone conference with President Hall. It seems that we have a great deal of adjusting to do as a mission.
I had a lot of revelation this week when it comes to what I need to do career wise. I was asked to give a talk at a funeral for somebody I didn't even know. His name was Larry Roberts. Grandfather of Cody Roberts who was recently baptized. It was a good experience. They said I did a great job, and I was happy to do it. Other than that, not too many things are new. Sister Bradly postponed her date. She needs a little bit more time to quit coffee she said. It would be really great if we might be able to get a coffee substitute. They don't sell coffee substitute in Ridgecrest. However I think they may in Lancaster and we will be there this week so I'll just buy some for her down there.
I know that my Savior lives and that our father in heaven is active in all of our lives. We are Sons and Daughters of the Most high, we have an infinite potential. I know that the people I talk to each and every day are also our brothers and sisters, even our friends that where with us in the pre-existence. If I keep that thought in my mind it's a whole lot easier to do hours of trackting in the hot sun. It will be a trial to have a trio for a couple weeks. They are much less efficient, but I know that I need these hard experiences to learn everything I need to while I'm here on my mission.
All my good mission friends I looked up to that were older than me are now gone. I realize that I must be to others what they were to me. Even though I'm exhausted all the time I have to keep going. Being that Friend, teacher, and trainer. I feel that the Lord empowers us, even though things are very difficult some times.
Thanks all for your support, and I feel your prayers and love.
To my Dad, Mom and the rest. I love you and I hope you all stay safe in Florida, May want to get that spider bite checked out on Joe, if it really is a brown recluse. Those are pretty nasty, He could loose a leg if it goes untreated.
Love you all, Till next week
-Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment