Sorry! Time crunch, this will have to be short:
This week was a memorable and tough week all together.
We spent alot of the week getting our apartment ready for the transfer. We moved most of our things out of the Alene apartment, and into the new one on Drummond and Norma. We spent forever trying to clean the old apartment the best we could for the manager when he comes, and even more scary, Elder Slaton the missionary housing guy.
We had a great experience this week. We knocked into a guy named Matt last week and we came back this week at exactly the right time. He is going through some really tough things in his life that the gospel will help him with. He's a former F-18 Pilot and Test Pilot, and he has some wonderful kids with his wife who is out of commission for the moment. I've been praying to find friends of members that are ready for the Gospel and our prayers were answered again with Matt. He has some good friends that are Mormon that can help him out too.
We taught Dorthy again. She is so sweet, I can tell that her motives are very pure, she came to church again and loved it. We found many investigators last week who didn't keep there follow up appointments, hopefully we can get to teaching them again this week.
Transfers are at the end of the week, I don't really know what to expect. All I know is that my back is starting to hurt again, and it would be nice to be close to a good member Chiropractor or Physical therapist, or Doctor or somebody who can help me recover before I go back. It would also be nice to have a fresh start on a new area before that great and dreadful day comes. I loved Uchdorf's Ensign talk about taking life in the middle, it's exactly what I'm going to do from now on.
Lots of things to still do, and I will keep you all posted.
Till next week
-Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment