I am so glad to hear that nobody in the family had to get any digits or limbs amputated from infected injuries. Modern Medicine is a big blessing some times. Sounds like the 4th was great for everybody in Florida. It was great here too. We got to go to the "Fair Grounds" and watch the fire work show they put on. In the past they used to have air shows at the base, but I guess their budget is too tight nowadays. After the 4th Brother Meinert gave us some water dynamite fire crackers. That night Elders Elliott and Scottie Johnson came over to spend the night Right before we left for zone Conference Friday morning. All halabalough broke loose when Elder Johnsen tried to take a shower downstairs in the bathroom...uh, which now has a missing door. Elder Barker decided to throw most of the fire crackers one at a time at Johnson while he was in the shower. It was about the funniest most epic thing ever. Johnson was freaking out, and he ended up braking the shower door down. In the morning Johnson wanted to get some pay back. Unfortunately the first Fire cracker he tried to throw into the shower didn't quite sail right . It bounced off of the top of the shower and fell right into the open toilet straight into the Bend of the bowl, and blew a big chunk out of the side of the U bend part. All the water escaped, he managed to successfully and quite literally blow up our toilet. We only now have one toilet. Johnson also tried to fix it by borrowing a putty gun to glue the chunk back in, but ended up cutting his hand on the side of the jagged hole in the toilet instead. It still has yet to be fixed. We probably will end up having to buy a new one.
This week was progressive, We found 4 new investigators 3 knocking and 1 from a referral. One couple family that we ran into is super nice. I really hope they progress. As far as staying in Ridgecrest next transfer I don't really know. I wouldn't mind staying in the same zone and going up to the town Bishop or something. As a matter of fact we are actually in Bishop Right now. We went up to play some basket ball with the whole zone. Up here in Bishop, It's super cool, and it has the nicest weather.
This week was still super tough in alot of ways, but really good in others. At least we get along in our threesome, but it's super hard to motivate and coordinate, and plan and stay on track alot of the time. At least the 2nd ward that we picked up loves us three amigos. The two wards have so much potential they have had big momentum building, but it'll get killed if we get some screw off missionaries after we are gone.
This Sunday was exceptionally edifying in sacrament meeting. I felt the spirit and a load come off when we partook of the sacrament. Just some calm reassurance. Chances are I will spend another 6 weeks in Ridgecrest. In that time I'll focus on prepping Elder Holm to take it over and hopefully continue our good work. Our new investigators for this week are Tarrie who we found knocking. She is an open Seventh Day Adventist, Moya Lyttle who was a member referral. She is super into Politics and was asking all sorts of questions about Mitt Romney. She's also a huge Glenn Beck Fan. She has potential, she loves to study the Bible and she is open to exploring the Book of Mormon. The Last two are my favorite. We found Ron and Rose knocking last week. Ron is a 6 foot 8 or so big nice ol' black guy, and Rose is a short sweet 60 year old read headed ginger. The best couple I've ever found on my mission. They have been married for like 17 years or something like that. Rose just started to get back into church and trying to find God again, and then we showed up. We should be meeting them again this Wednesday. When Ron prayed after our first lesson he brought the spirit and really felt sincere.
I'm so Happy for Daisy. It literally brought tears of joy to my eyes to hear that she is doing so well. Make sure to tell her "Hi" From me, and that I still pray for her often. I love the Gospel, and in the little time I have left it is my greatest desire to find that one family that is wanting the gospel in their lives. To find that one who is seeking the truth but does not know where to find it.
One blessing I also desire is also to have my back healed by the time I get back. It's doing much better than last November, but it still needs some strength and rest. No flips for a while still :(
I Really do feel blessed. President Martin left Friday Before Last, and We have our new mission President, President Hall. We had zone Conference with him this last Friday, It was great to get to know him, and his family. He's alot different than President Martin, but he will serve well, and he is likable and has a good vision. One reason I came to this mission was to serve with President Martin. His council and inspiring teaching has changed my life for eternity. I was blessed to have such a good mission president for the Majority of my mission. Depending on what goes down, I don't know if I will really see much of President Hall If I stay somewhere in the zone when I transfer to my Last area.
It's been a good time, and better to come.
Take Care, and God Bless
-Elder Rickers
No comments:
Post a Comment