Elder Spencer Rickers

Elder Spencer Rickers

Monday, July 9, 2012

I loved Daisy's Letter to the stake....

June 18th 2012

Hello, and Good Morning my Family and Friends,

This week was a blast. It was really crazy, spent about half of it preparing to pick up Elder Holm. Monday was transfer day. I spent the majority of the day cleaning the apartment with Elder Bennet who was also waiting for his greeny to show up. We got things ready at the Alene pad, and then Tuesday we headed down to Lake Los Angeles to help things get ready in his new area. Lake LA is a crazy little Po Dunk town way out in the middle of nowhere. It's much smaller than Ridgecrest, and we ran into some tweekers/ Meth Heads. Poor guys it's too bad they are so enslaved by a substance. 

We went down to Santa Clarita the next morning early, We spent some time down there to visit some people and do some shopping, and eating. We picked up our new companions at 5pm at the mission home. Elders, Ford, Holley and Park are also training. It was awesome to see some of my favorite people there. I happened to have been companions with two of them. 

Elder Holm is great. He's from Idaho, Idaho Falls area. He's a total stud. He likes the outdoors, dirt Biking, and having a good time. He's a hard worker and has high expectations for his mission. He also broke his collar bone at the sand dunes in Idaho once. We had a training all day Thursday, and we drove all day to get back around 7:30 or so. District Meeting Friday, and we had a good long planning session where we got to know each other a little more, and I caught him up to speed on a lot of our investigators. 

One of our new investigators, Dorthy is doing really well. She had some reservations about going to church, but she came, which was a complete surprise to us, and she really enjoyed it. She happens to be friends with the Cox family in our ward, who were doing an extended family get together for fathers day, and Dorthy happens to have a boyfriend that is in the family. So we also got to see her at dinner, and got to have a nice discussion.

Things should be even more busy this week, We have a temple trip on Wednesday. We might have to go down to Land Caster and spend the night Tuesday and then go in the morning on Wednesday.

Wow that is an strange thing seeing the house I'll be coming back too. It's a really nice place.

I loved Daisy's Letter to the stake, It's super Inspiring, I'm glad she is doing better, and holding to the rod and being an example to the young women in Canyon Country 2nd ward. She sends a letter to me once in a while, but I'm super bad about writing back, tell her from me that I still pray for, and have in no way forgotten her :D 

I'm determined to make these next few months worth it. I'm going to work my hardest and do my best, and not get trunky. 

Alrighty keep me posted 

Love you all!

-Elder Rickers

No comments:

Post a Comment